6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cabelas has the Fast fire iii on sale with the AR mount. $200.00

Looks like a good buy. Anyone use the AR mount? Considering mounting on hand guard about 30 degrees to the right side. No Iron sites. Two different scopes swapped on top with low profile rings.

Anyone use the halo type site like this? Any feedback on the Burris??

Thanks

http://www.cabelas.com/product/BURR...EUMMNZWiLidwpqUumoLOMaApPT8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I love Burris FFs. I run a II on my 45 XD, and a II on my 22LR rifle. Then I have a III I'm saving for my AR57 SBR, but ran it briefly on my 22LR and it was awesome. Theyre great, easy to pick up the sight. Only issue I had was the one on the XD got really dim (even with new battery). Sent it to Burris and in 2 weeks had a brand new one, no questioned asked. I don't know if it was slide mounted and that is why it went out early. Great customer service though, and none of the others have had issues. I've never used the AR specific mount, but I have no doubt it will be good Burris quality.

As for the offset mount - I tried it but did not like it especially, but that's just me. If you are interested I would sell you my spare GG&G 45 degree offset mount for a good deal.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
personally, I think offset mounts are a waste----not sure why one would mount anything other than primary sights--anything else just adds un-needed weight to the firearm that rarely, if ever gets used---- but that is just me
as for the fastfire-- they are a good optic for the $

·
Registered
561 Posts
I've got a two fast fire11's and have nothing bad to say about them. Both of them are on auto pistols and never had a single issue with ever of them I really like them.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Great for carbine matches/3gun. Offset for in close while higher magnification scope for long range. Sometimes you have to shoot from 10 yards to 500 +. Thanks, champco

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I wonder if the price was an error, now the sale price is $349. Glad I got one yesterday.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
champco, thanks for the quick alert! I got one also.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I took the FastFire III out this past weekend and was impressed with its performance. The auto-brightness worked well where ever I was. I cold see no parallax which has been a concern with other red-dots I've owned. The lighter weight than a scope also made the AR fun to handle. Thanks again champco. TXsix8, now you got me thinking I should get another one!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts