6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anyone besides NOE and Accurate molds making bullet molds? yes, I know about layman, and RCBS and Lee and I'm looking for a 270(actually about a .280 bullet mold of about 125-130gr.s of weight. the smallest .270 mold is still too big(long) for an AR-15 upper the Lee weights in at 141gr's and it too long. I'm looking for a mold like the NOE mold for .270 and Al told me he would make a batch kinda soon!!!OK what does that mean??? I don't know either. I'm about to build my third 6.8SPC upper and I can't afford to shoot all Jacketed ammo through them. any one?
Pat

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The NOE Bullet is listed at 124 gr mine and several others weigh in 129.1-129.6 mine is consistent at 129.3 plus check. It was designed specifically for the 6.8 SPCII.

If I had some machine skills and a machine I'd get the Lee and mill the check shank and bottom band off making the bottom lube groove the check shank . Of course this could be done on any of the moulds but a $20 Lee is easier to swallow than a $70 other brand if it doesn't work out .

Mountain Moulds , Lead bullet Technologies (LBT) are a couple to check out . Heavy Metal 2 may have links for the to them or the current makers whose name escapes me .

I have a 27-130 fp RCBS those beasts drop at 145 gr and have to be seated very deep . It occupies slightly more space than the 120 SST . It is the front band that causes it to have to be seated deep.

Another option is to size a 7mm bullet down ,a long bore ride design like the 7mm 168 RCBS won't fly but there are several possibilities with short noses .
I keep reading about people getting under sized noses if you could get someone to turn loose of 1 in 7mm it might pay off .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts