6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,654 Posts
Proof positive, you CAN ugly an elk to death. :a01:

·
10,536 Posts
Cuz if you had a 1911 you could invite the elk over for some scotch and talk about tuned single action trigger jobs before knifing him. But not with the Glock field knife. ;)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Nice video. Is there a link to the video you can point me to please? Also I am not a hunter so forgive my ignorance. Should he have gone up and put down the animal while it was thrash around instead of celebrating?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice video. Is there a link to the video you can point me to please? Also I am not a hunter so forgive my ignorance. Should he have gone up and put down the animal while it was thrash around instead of celebrating?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
I would have probably done it a little different. The bull was down but I would have made sure it stayed down. Even if I wouldn't have shot it again I would have been paying attention just in case the bull got back up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4hZRvfwVb0

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cuz if you had a 1911 you could invite the elk over for some scotch and talk about tuned single action trigger jobs before knifing him. But not with the Glock field knife. ;)
It would have only taken one shot with an M&P and you could have kept the scotch all to yourself.:a39:

·
Super Moderator
21,654 Posts
It would have only taken one shot with an M&P and you could have kept the scotch all to yourself.:a39:
He'll need it too... medicine ya know... for that: "I could'a had a 1911" feeling. :a28:

·
Super Moderator
21,654 Posts
You could grow to love a Glock RD........no time out in gun fights ;-O

LOL... Not much chance of that, can't deal with that severe grip angle, and the whole "no safety" thing, no thanks. If I'm reaching for a piece of combat tupperware, it's the XdM for this kid. Haven't shot an M&P yet.

·
Super Moderator
21,654 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I'm thinking that isn't the only damage to the seat cover. I never bought into the "safety is in the trigger" thing either.

·
Super Moderator
21,654 Posts
I'm thinking that isn't the only damage to the seat cover. I never bought into the "safety is in the trigger" thing either.
I know I'd've been guilty. :a42:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Booger hooks aren't always the concern.

You can't stop stupid, lots of base guard shacks over the years(and guards) ventilated by bored sentries playing with 1911's. Looks like that holster was a total pos.

·
Super Moderator
21,654 Posts
You can't stop stupid, lots of base guard shacks over the years(and guards) ventilated by bored sentries playing with 1911's. Looks like that holster was a total pos.
No argument that you can't stop stupid. I just like bettering my odds with a safety... the "natural" grip angle gets my nod also.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
No argument that you can't stop stupid. I just like bettering my odds with a safety... the "natural" grip angle gets my nod also.
Got that RD......the new Glocks jumped on the band wagon with replaceable back straps. I installed a "beaver tail" on my G-20 which makes for a lot better grip when popping the 10mm's.

But safeties being what they are, none are totally fool proof. I had hunting gear brush against and click my tang safety from safe to fire on both a Ruger #1 and a Browning A-bolt. This while in the shoulder sling carry mode. No accidental discharge in either case but it sure changed my awareness.

But you know, it never fails to amaze me how these dumb asses involved in shooting accidents can't wait to publish their pictures on social media????? I would be mortified and hide under a rock!

·
Registered
2,185 Posts

If you carry cocked and locked you need as good, if not better, holster than that one to prevent similar issues as that Glock had. On many occasions I will ask buddies to check if their safety is still on and on quite a few occasions they will be disengaged. Many 1911 holsters don't have a positive safety retention which allows the safety to be disengaged as you move around. A well-made kydex (Tupperware) holster with a notch or groove that forces the safety to be engaged for the gun to holster is a must for me when carrying a 1911.

·
Super Moderator
21,654 Posts
I got into the habit of physically checking the status of the safety regularly... for that very reason. Gear isn't perfect, I don't kid myself that it is.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts