6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building one of Harrison's 12.5 barrels into a pistol. Is there a buffer tube that works better with the Sig forearm brace that others? That and the hand guard are all I need to finish my build. Oh, and time.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am in the process of re-building my ARP 12.5" pistol right now.

Had a VLTOR CASV-M hand-guard and Wilson Combat Gas-block/Pop-up front sight"(I don't think they make them anymore)" on my 12.5" ARP barrel. Donating these parts to my friend for his first AR build in 7.62x39.

Changing out upper parts to:
Matrix Hand-guard 15" (The Matrix hand-guard down to the barrel nut is 15" total length). (The 12.5" barrel with the KAK Slimline Flash Can will stick out of the Matrix 15" hand-guard about 1/2").
SYRAC or SLR adjustable gas block (May go with an adjustable gas key instead, have not decided yet) *UPDATE* Went with the SLR Sentry 7 Light-weight Adjustable Gas block
KAK INDUSTRY 5/8-24 "SLIMLINE FLASH CAN"

*This will all be installed on a VLTOR MUR-1 upper receiver w/forward assist.

Lower:
PSA lower
PSA LPK without trigger
The Blue DIT trigger from Red Barn Armory $99 deal
Ergo pistol grip OD Green
Ergo Never Quit Grip OD Green
KAK SHOCKWAVE PACKAGE - OD GREEN(I went with this instead of the SIG brace)

The Matrix says their hand-guards are made in the USA and are a cheaper alternative. If you are interested I bought mine from here http://www.chandlerhardwoods.com/category-s/1837.htm

I hope yours turns out as nice as I hope mine turns out!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your recommendation. I have looked into the KAK and it looks good. I am excited about finishing this project.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have a KAK Super and 2 Guntec pistol tubes. All are the same extended length, but the KAK is slightly larger in diameter and holds a Sig brace on firmer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts