6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 7.62x39 barrel ordered from ARP. I've heard of magazine/feeding issues, but what else do I need to look out for? Always wanted one in this caliber, and figured I'd better go ahead while the parts are available.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
i spoke to Mr Beene about this barrel, when in stock you see extension and bolt as an add on. ARP barrels use the extension specifically made for this barrel and bolt. why is this important you ask? ummm barrel pin and gas port come to mind, for proper clocking i'd want the whole ball of wax from ARP...at least that's how i understood it, not that you have to use ARP extension or bolt...but i would

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i spoke to Mr Beene about this barrel, when in stock you see extension and bolt as an add on. ARP barrels use the extension specifically made for this barrel and bolt. why is this important you ask? ummm barrel pin and gas port come to mind, for proper clocking i'd want the whole ball of wax from ARP...at least that's how i understood it, not that you have to use ARP extension or bolt...but i would
Barrel with H's extension/bolt is not available at this time, so I ordered the standard barrel. I've got access to a bolt.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Barrel with H's extension/bolt is not available at this time, so I ordered the standard barrel. I've got access to a bolt.
i know, i want to build one and if i do it will be all ARP. i think he's just waiting on extractors

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know, i want to build one and if i do it will be all ARP. i think he's just waiting on extractors
The specs on the standard(I guess that's the right word?)barrel say it's got an M4 extension, so it should work with a regular 7.62x39/6.5 Grendel bolt. Maybe I should email H to make sure.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
The specs on the standard(I guess that's the right word?)barrel say it's got an M4 extension, so it should work with a regular 7.62x39/6.5 Grendel bolt. Maybe I should email H to make sure.
would make sense that it would work that way

·
Super Moderator
12,228 Posts
That is just plain crazy. I hope people are not actually paying that.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Barrel came in today, now I'm waiting on my bolt, mags, and flash hider. Waiting for parts sucks!

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was told I'll need a longer firing pin for 7.62x39, is this true?

·
Registered
844 Posts
I was told I'll need a longer firing pin for 7.62x39, is this true?
Only if you want to shoot steel case European ammo. I modify standard pins for my own use, but you can buy "enhanced" pins for the &.62x39.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Good solid cartridge and economical to boot. Me I looked in to a 7.62X39 AR when looking at that 6.5 G but went the 6.8 SPC and 5.56 Route when the 5.56 was made legal for deer in my state.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts