6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK how tight do you make the Castlenut on the stock to the retaining plate?

I've seen from 40 foot pounds to just tighty tight.

·
Registered
129 Posts
40 ftlbs seems a bit much. I just snug them down tight, you will know when it stops. More like 15-18 ftlbs. I stake all of mine as well. If you are going to actually use a torque wrench make sure its at a 90 degree angle.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
the manual says 40 pounds plus or minus 2 pounds

·
Registered
154 Posts
I know what happens when you under tighten it. The buffer retaining pin pops out and the gun jams. Lucky for me I wasn't shooting at anything important.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
I know what happens when you under tighten it. The buffer retaining pin pops out and the gun jams. Lucky for me I wasn't shooting at anything important.
Been there done that. I don't stake them, but use thread locker now.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
the manual says 40 pounds plus or minus 2 pounds
+1----unless you are using a polymer lower receiver, then check with the manufacture

·
Registered
89 Posts
I swap buffer tubes around, so I prefer to stake instead of using any thread-locker. I do not measure the torque I apply, but I do torque them down very well. Easily more than I do my muzzle devices, which I measure meticulously at 20-25 ft-lb. 40+-2 ft-lb is correct spec.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Of course, if you use a standard A2 stock, then you don't have to worry about it.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Of course, if you use a standard A2 stock, then you don't have to worry about it.
dabbled with sliders, have nothing but A2 stocks now. have to deal with mags that rattle, a stock that rattles is bothersome

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.