6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
anyone seen these super lightweight braided/woven handguards offered by Brigand Arms?

7"=2.9oz
9"=3.0oz
12.375"=3.5oz
15"=4.0oz
all weights are with out rail attachments

prices range from $219-299 for the handguard, I have no Idea the cost of the Fostech rifle

Fostech Outdoors is using them along with the Smokes Composits receiver extensions to produce a 3.5lb AR rifle

(pic of 12yo girl shooting the Fostech ultralight AR one handed)

I have no affiliation with either of these products, I just thought they were unique and BS might like the lightweight/high strength of the braided guard

·
Registered
197 Posts
This is the first I've seen of them. Interesting looking handguards. They seem like they would be worth considering, especially if you're looking for a lightweight/super light build. Link included to their website to save the hassle of googling. https://brigandarms.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Just read about them in the local news but I cannot support a mixed marriage = Alabama finance guy + Auburn engineer :)

http://www.al.com/business/index.ssf/2017/07/how_two_childhood_friends_are.html#incart_river_home
Just read that article myself this morning and had the same thought about the Baubie mix (Bama + Aubie).

I have seen the handguards in person and they are impressively rigid as well as crazy light. The store I was in had the handguard attached at the barrel nut mounting point and had a 50lb. weight hung off the muzzle end with no noticeable flexing.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good for them--- the in dash data recorder/optimizer will sell for "club level race cars" but I don't see it hitting big time for the pro level --- it will need to be more than just an "optimizer", full data needs to be recorded so the chassis engineers can adjust and fine tune the chassis and it's components so the car can work better for the driver, their new invention only seems to help the driver and not the "pit crew and engineers" when it comes to optimizing the car--- the old saying goes "races are won in the pits", sure it takes good drivers, but the guys that build and tune the car need data too

a good driver can only drive the car as fast as it will go, but a good engineer can enable the car to be pusher further and faster -- racing is a team sport --I don't care if you have the best driver in the world, put him in a poorly designed car and he can only go so fast---, now link their system into helping control an active suspension and engine management system and then it will incorporate the engineering aspect of it too (but I don't have all the details on their new in dash invention so maybe they will incorporate other data options to)

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
anyone seen these super lightweight braided/woven handguards
I just thought they were unique and BS might like the lightweight/high strength of the braided guard
I saw some at a gun show in tampa.... very light, very sharp looking.... but very pricy

·
Registered
58 Posts
anyone seen these super lightweight braided/woven handguards offered by Brigand Arms?

7"=2.9oz
9"=3.0oz
12.375"=3.5oz
15"=4.0oz
all weights are with out rail attachments

prices range from $219-299 for the handguard, I have no Idea the cost of the Fostech rifle

Fostech Outdoors is using them along with the Smokes Composits receiver extensions to produce a 3.5lb AR rifle

(pic of 12yo girl shooting the Fostech ultralight AR one handed)

I have no affiliation with either of these products, I just thought they were unique and BS might like the lightweight/high strength of the braided guard
Beautiful.
Unfortunately beyond my pay scale

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beautiful.
Unfortunately beyond my pay scale
You realize this thread is 9 months old right?

Prices on the briggand handguard have gone up almost a hundred bucks since I first saw them advertised.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts