6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
252 Posts
We have been working with the VP of Starline to get them to run some for a long time and we were able to finally it done. Currently they running 308 and 6.8 is up next so not only is it in the cue but it’s next to run on that line. We have 140,000 to be delivered out of about a 4-500,000 run so we will have it available for sale along with loaded ammo. I know Midway, Grafs and Mid-South will also be getting some as well as a few others. Starline should have enough to put some on their shelves as well and fill current back orders. It’s been a very long time coming but they are currently 300 million brass behind on backorders alone so we are grateful they are willing to help the 6.8 community out. There is a light on the horizon and should be a couple weeks and it will be available again.
Great news. I've been waiting for this.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

· Registered
252 Posts
Starline’s brass is definitely top notch!! What I know about timeframe is that the line that is running 308 right now is the one that has 6.8 next in cue. The 308 should be done next week or soon there after and they have to swap the machines over and in a week or so it should be coming out the finish line. 2-3 weeks sounds like a long time but they haven’t run any in two years so it’s progress. If more companies were wanting it, it would have been sooner of course as they concentrate on the biggest back log first. We had to agree to accept the entire backorder request we had just to get it in the line up (I’ll have to get a second mortgage or sell a daughter lol). We really have Bobby to thank for getting it done because it would have been a few years more if he hadn’t helped get it on the schedule for us.
All the other ammo companies are making just enough brass to cover what they need for loaded ammo so there’s no component brass to be had. Starline it truly an incredible company to work with and they care about the little guys. Their prices have almost remained the same through all this with no price increases except to cover increased material costs and their quality is second to none. The .85 a case for Grendel brass from Midway is just price gouging when we still sell it for .57-.60 a piece because Starline hasn’t changed their price at all. If you guys have a chance, send a shout out to them (Starline) for doing the right thing and for taking care of our community !!
Will you let us know here, or should we get on a list?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts