6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the 6.8. Actually putting together a 6x6.8. Currently the only brass I have found available is the PPU at Grafs. I have inquired and will possibly acquire some once fired stuff from the marketplace. My question is, how often does the factory stuff come available? I would really prefer the SRP and would like to get a decent sized batch while I’m at it.
Thanks
TW

·
Registered
357 Posts
There’s little in the way of factory brass these days. Sometimes there are some on this site for sale, usually once fired.
For the price of 6.8 spc brass, I generally opt for factory loaded and save the brass. Doesn’t sound like an option for you, unless…..
You could send me your factory loads and I’ll spend them, then send you back the brass lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha I see what you did there! lol I thought you were gonna give me an excuse to build another 🤷🏼‍♂️ I’ll prolly just keep gathering up what I can for now.
thanks for the welcoming too.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I thought about it but they have been out of stock, since I can’t remember- over a year I reckon.
Yep I was willing to give it a try, but it never came back into stock, so I bought a case of the PTS. Still haven't tried it, already had one in FMJ. Got 500 of them left. I back off to the 2nd node so a 100 will last a long time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We have been working with the VP of Starline to get them to run some for a long time and we were able to finally it done. Currently they running 308 and 6.8 is up next so not only is it in the cue but it’s next to run on that line. We have 140,000 to be delivered out of about a 4-500,000 run so we will have it available for sale along with loaded ammo. I know Midway, Grafs and Mid-South will also be getting some as well as a few others. Starline should have enough to put some on their shelves as well and fill current back orders. It’s been a very long time coming but they are currently 300 million brass behind on backorders alone so we are grateful they are willing to help the 6.8 community out. There is a light on the horizon and should be a couple weeks and it will be available again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We have been working with the VP of Starline to get them to run some for a long time and we were able to finally it done. Currently they running 308 and 6.8 is up next so not only is it in the cue but it’s next to run on that line. We have 140,000 to be delivered out of about a 4-500,000 run so we will have it available for sale along with loaded ammo. I know Midway, Grafs and Mid-South will also be getting some as well as a few others. Starline should have enough to put some on their shelves as well and fill current back orders. It’s been a very long time coming but they are currently 300 million brass behind on backorders alone so we are grateful they are willing to help the 6.8 community out. There is a light on the horizon and should be a couple weeks and it will be available again.
Awesome! That’s the kind of insight I was hoping to find here! I already spent a cpl hundred on what I hope is “once” fired stuff, but I have had good luck with starline in other calibers, so i probably won’t be able to resist once this hits your shelves. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I’ll be keeping an eye out, but from past experiences do you have any guesstimate on a timeframe?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Great news. I've been waiting for this.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Awesome! That’s the kind of insight I was hoping to find here! I already spent a cpl hundred on what I hope is “once” fired stuff, but I have had good luck with starline in other calibers, so i probably won’t be able to resist once this hits your shelves. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I’ll be keeping an eye out, but from past experiences do you have any guesstimate on a timeframe?
Starline’s brass is definitely top notch!! What I know about timeframe is that the line that is running 308 right now is the one that has 6.8 next in cue. The 308 should be done next week or soon there after and they have to swap the machines over and in a week or so it should be coming out the finish line. 2-3 weeks sounds like a long time but they haven’t run any in two years so it’s progress. If more companies were wanting it, it would have been sooner of course as they concentrate on the biggest back log first. We had to agree to accept the entire backorder request we had just to get it in the line up (I’ll have to get a second mortgage or sell a daughter lol). We really have Bobby to thank for getting it done because it would have been a few years more if he hadn’t helped get it on the schedule for us.
All the other ammo companies are making just enough brass to cover what they need for loaded ammo so there’s no component brass to be had. Starline it truly an incredible company to work with and they care about the little guys. Their prices have almost remained the same through all this with no price increases except to cover increased material costs and their quality is second to none. The .85 a case for Grendel brass from Midway is just price gouging when we still sell it for .57-.60 a piece because Starline hasn’t changed their price at all. If you guys have a chance, send a shout out to them (Starline) for doing the right thing and for taking care of our community !!

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
We had to agree to accept the entire backorder request we had just to get it in the line up (I’ll have to get a second mortgage or sell a daughter lol)....
I'll bet we can help you out if there's a pre-order (wink-wink, nudge-nudge). Mortgage rates are high and daughters precious!

Reactions: czgunner

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have some new bags of Remington brass I would be willing to part with I think I have 3-400 will have to check. I also have a bunch of 110 pro hunters and some Remington fmjs in 6.8 if someone needs bullets. I happened onto all this stuff a while back and was going to put one together but I never did.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have some new bags of Remington brass I would be willing to part with I think I have 3-400 will have to check. I also have a bunch of 110 pro hunters and some Remington fmjs in 6.8 if someone needs bullets. I happened onto all this stuff a while back and was going to put one together but I never did.
Just about a week ago, I would’ve likely bought the whole lot of brass from ya. Now I’ve pieced together a fair sized dukes mixture and committed to some of the starline run from Druid. Good luck though!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Starline’s brass is definitely top notch!! What I know about timeframe is that the line that is running 308 right now is the one that has 6.8 next in cue. The 308 should be done next week or soon there after and they have to swap the machines over and in a week or so it should be coming out the finish line. 2-3 weeks sounds like a long time but they haven’t run any in two years so it’s progress. If more companies were wanting it, it would have been sooner of course as they concentrate on the biggest back log first. We had to agree to accept the entire backorder request we had just to get it in the line up (I’ll have to get a second mortgage or sell a daughter lol). We really have Bobby to thank for getting it done because it would have been a few years more if he hadn’t helped get it on the schedule for us.
All the other ammo companies are making just enough brass to cover what they need for loaded ammo so there’s no component brass to be had. Starline it truly an incredible company to work with and they care about the little guys. Their prices have almost remained the same through all this with no price increases except to cover increased material costs and their quality is second to none. The .85 a case for Grendel brass from Midway is just price gouging when we still sell it for .57-.60 a piece because Starline hasn’t changed their price at all. If you guys have a chance, send a shout out to them (Starline) for doing the right thing and for taking care of our community !!
Will you let us know here, or should we get on a list?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts