6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lack of brass over the past year or 2 is getting worse. It seems like there is more ammo coming around but not brass. Now there is less brass than there was 4-5 years ago. That is going to hurt things if it doesn't change.
I fear Nosler brass will be expensive if anything like the rest of what they sell. If they market it under SSA and ever figure out how to make it it may be close to 65/100. Hornady brass is decent and around 68/100. With Federal making the XM68 they may be our best bet IF they will sell brass. Sending Federal a request to produce and market brass for a popular hunting cartridge like the 6.8 may help if enough do it and continue to do it.

https://www.federalpremium.com/company/contact_us.aspx

·
Registered
348 Posts
I just keep loading up on s&b fmj range ammo every time psa has a sale on it. I can't really reload for their sale price so it's worth it to me, and gives me a bigger stockpile of brass each time.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
left a comment and begged for ammo/brass/bullets

·
Registered
798 Posts
I also sent a comment requesting they expand their 6.8 SPC line to include brass and bullets as components. Trouble is my wife doesn't listen to me, why would Federal Cartridge?

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Buying 2000 once fired cases from LWRC several years ago was one of the smart on my part. But Nosler's lack of support of the 6.8 with Accubond bullets and brass has surprised me. At least their CC bullets are plentiful.

Sent a message to Federal.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I just keep loading up on s&b fmj range ammo every time psa has a sale on it. I can't really reload for their sale price so it's worth it to me, and gives me a bigger stockpile of brass each time.
Same here.

As more and more people get in to the AR market and more and more people are starting to hunt with the AR platform the 6.8 market should just go up and up.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
and i just got a fast response from federal

"Currently there are no plans to offer 6.8 brass, we will pass your e-mail onto the appropriate department."

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
Ha! .
Text Font Screenshot Fictional character Website

·
Registered
162 Posts
Federal does odd stuff. A group of us Shot shell loaders have been using primed Fed hulls sold by Ballistic Products for years. When they went OOS we made numerous inquiries. They claimed to have never offered them for retail sales. After many emails and a few phone calls, they claimed someone in sales was doin so unknown to anyone. Later they became available at BP again. Wonder if Fed knows it now? :a43::a43::a43:

·
Super Moderator
5,753 Posts
E-mail sent

Same response; "Currently there are no plans to offer 6.8 brass, we will pass your e-mail onto the appropriate department."

Sent from a final firing position, the crosshairs are on you!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Where have all the Jack O'Connor and Elmer Keiths gone ...........

I suspect that if there isn't surge in demand soon that we will be come a cult cartridge. ......if it isn't already seen that way .

For what it's worth my preferred mould maker has run 27 cal moulds about once a quarter for the last 3 yr and they sell out in weeks . Granted NOE only runs a 100 or so at a time but folks are buying them and the 6.8 SPCII specific mould runs at least 2/1 to the other 3. The demand is there .
At $85/100 I have a very hard time buying single purpose ammo it would be easier at $65/100 with a generic 110-120 gr SP I would be interested. In the meantime when I have a little extra money and FC comes up for $35/100 shipped 1x or less I'll buy what I can until I have 1000 or so in the loop.

As to exciting the manufacturers I got nothing. I don't know if a constant demand will even make a blip . Maybe the ticket is going to be to pull from the satellite suppliers rather than the big 3. If RP FC and Win won't drive maybe Starline or Grafs will.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
sent email complimenting the company and asking for more 6.8 spc brass and 90 grain bullet components for the growing feral hog hunting market.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I'm doing some poking around .
Bertram produces 30 Remington brass and has it in Stock . I know low strength for low pressure. .....

I made an inquiry as to strength , producing an SRP run , producing 6.8 and or making a run of SRP 25 ,30 ,32 , 6.8 basic. Their shown listed price for 30 Remington is $11/20 and their shipping is by USPS Medium FRB as a standard if it fits as packaged in an SMFRB the shipping will be adjusted.

I don't know what will come back but $62/100 at the door isn't a bad rate if the brass is up to it.

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
I bought a bunch of Federal brass from Kerry awhile back, but would like to see it become available commercially. Mine won't last forever. Also sending an email.

·
Banned
61 Posts
I just buy Fed 90 GDs from mass ammo when they come avail. for sub $.50/rnd shipped, free ammo can too.
I see the desire for other options though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I still think a group buy pushed to Starline would seriously grease the skids for us getting quality brass at reasonable prices.
I already sent starline this thread and asked them to make brass.

I would be in for a group buy, for a 1,000 if the price is typical (<$200/k).

1 - 20 of 130 Posts