6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three unexpected flights in the next two days and need some reading for my kindle on the plane. I like books like Patriots by James Rawles. Anyone have any quick recommendations? Need to download the book tonight.

Heinous typos thanks to autocorrect.

·
Super Moderator
12,229 Posts
Liberty and Tyranny by Mark Levin, God, Guns and Freedom by Wayne LaPierre and The Road to Serfdom by F. A. Hayek.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Administrator
22,085 Posts
Have I ever mentioned The Liberty Amendments by Mark Levin? :a21:

For fun: Alaska Bear Tales is always a good one.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Haven't read those but I've read a bunch of mountain man books by William johnstone. He has another series called Phoenix rising that's pretty good. About america electing a Muslim president and how everything goes to heck. 3 books in the series and they were all good.

If you like stuff on Rome im reading "Hannibal enemy of Rome" series now by Ben Kane. It's pretty good too.

·
Registered
459 Posts

·
Administrator
22,085 Posts
Oh yeah... if you like detective stories (fiction), Any of the Tony Hillerman series is great recreational reading. He tosses in a little Navajo lore/history. The tales take place in the "four corners" area, and are about Navajo Tribal Res based tales.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I've kinda gotten an interest in the survival books.

"Lights Out" by Ted Koppel is good and the "One Second After" and "One Year After" books are great reads if you like that kind of reading.

They are all based on an EMP attack on the US and how life would be after.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Tom Clancy...Executive Orders. I'm just over halfway through it. (It's an older book, but I'm working my way through his whole collection)

Starts off with a terrorist crashing a plane into the Capitol building, taking out the President, the entire Supreme Court, most of the Cabinet, and all but a handful of Congress.

Jack Ryan becomes President and has to build the government from scratch. Oh...the possibilities. :D

·
Registered
787 Posts
Haven't read those but I've read a bunch of mountain man books by William johnstone. He has another series called Phoenix rising that's pretty good. About america electing a Muslim president and how everything goes to heck. 3 books in the series and they were all good.
Not to hijack the thread but kinda sounds familiar and not that it is true. Could not resist.

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
Tom Clancy...Executive Orders. I'm just over halfway through it. (It's an older book, but I'm working my way through his whole collection)

Starts off with a terrorist crashing a plane into the Capitol building, taking out the President, the entire Supreme Court, most of the Cabinet, and all but a handful of Congress.

Jack Ryan becomes President and has to built the government from scratch. Oh...the possibilities. :D
I was given that book in the summer of 2001. Not knowing anything about it, I started reading it in October during some desert training in the USMC version of Ft. Irwin. So many parallels to what was happening it was spooky. Still is.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the recommendations. Picked up a coupe for the 11 hours I'll be in the air in the next 30 hours.....

Heinous typos thanks to autocorrect.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts

Jack Ryan becomes President and has to build the government from scratch. Oh...the possibilities. :D
I've read everyone of Clancy's books.... My 3 favorites is Red Storm Rising, Sum of all Fears and Without Remorse.
Another good read is A Land Remembered by Patrick Smith.... It's a Historical Florida based novel

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
game of thrones, i started reading this 15 years ago, waited for 10 years for the last book to be written, which isn't the end of the series. then a series called the wheel of time, it got my daughter hooked on reading 22 years ago, took so long to write the author died and after an exhaustive search his wife found someone to finish the tale. about 10 books in the series

·
Registered
890 Posts
I was given that book in the summer of 2001. Not knowing anything about it, I started reading it in October during some desert training in the USMC version of Ft. Irwin. So many parallels to what was happening it was spooky. Still is.
The parallels actually got him called to testify before Congress when the reality happened. The "Copper scrolls" series is also an excellent read that will have you waking up thinking "Was that off the news or a work of fiction I read last night?" the next morning.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I don't read alot but the book Top Dog was good read it cover to cover in two nights. Can't remember the author or find the book but it is about the Marine Corp dog Lucca and her handlers. Great read if your into military/history type books. Brings to light what these dogs do and how they really become part of the group. Just my two cents for what its worth.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
My wakeup call for Islamic eschatology was the first Joel Rosenberg book I read, the 12th Imam. It also open my eyes to more than just the extreme beliefs of some of these groups. I've read most of his books except the current series. I think the current series is about ISIS. Saying those for an upcoming trip. Went to hear him speak couple of months back. Interesting guy.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
My wakeup call for Islamic eschatology was the first Joel Rosenberg book I read, the 12th Imam. It also open my eyes to more than just the extreme beliefs of some of these groups. I've read most of his books except the current series. I think the current series is about ISIS. Saying those for an upcoming trip. Went to hear him speak couple of months back. Interesting guy.
Not to high jack and the thread but have you read The third target? I have that one next in the que.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.