6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is John, Todd's log-in was open.....

Here is a pic of a blacktail I shot here in Southern Oregon. The rifle is a 10.5" 6.8mm with AAC suppressor and Leupold #56994. I was using the SSA 110 gr Triple Shock. One shot at 20 or 25 yards, clean kill.

Nice website, Thanks for having us.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Very nice! What's the terrain like there? Dense cover I assume? We're very glad to have you onboard. It's a real boon to have a manufacturer of your stature associated with the site!

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The hills are about steep enough that rocks roll until they hit something. Dense trees/bushes, most of my buck and bear kills have been about 20 yards, with a 200 yd shot on a bear with a 300 Fireball and a 2 90 yard shots.

I've used 375 HH ACK down to 300 fireball to hunt, and I am set on 6.8mm for all my local needs.

Here is another pic of the area. Found it on Google.

I'll register so I can post under my own name later.

Thanks,

----John

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Ah, that's some gorgeous country. Hiking through that kind of country is always a wonderful feeling for me. So nice to get away from civilization and realize how little all those day to day things matter.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Nice hunting John. Oregon's looking sweet in those pics. I'll have to get up there sometime.

It is great to have your company participating here.

By the way, if Todd left his computer unlocked in my office like that, I'd be sending all sorts of embarrassing emails out of his account while he was away. That's a tried and true opportunity for shenanigans. :idea: :roll:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Congrats, nice shooting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks Everyone. The can is an old AAC M47-2000.

These woods are pretty hard to beat. Just don't take a wrong turn like James Kim did.....

----John

·
9,178 Posts
That is a gorgeous deer. I have always been interested in the Blacktail. They seem a little different then whitetail (besides the obvious) Oregon is beutiful country I can't wait to take a trip there and bowhunt(oops). :lol: I mean hunt.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts