6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Vendor
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to see what the interests are in other lengths and contours in 6.8 that people are interested in. I doubt any new items will be added this year as I try to get good stock of the popular barrels but still curious as to what is wanted.

·
Registered
477 Posts
A 14.5" socom profile. (Ha! Just noticed that the post above me said the same thing)

Also +1 on bolt action barrels. Nitride 6.8 bolt action barrels. At least in Savage small shank so we can use them with Savage or Big Horn/Zermatt or whatever other actions.

-Stooxie

·
Registered
477 Posts
OH, and just sayin.... I always felt like the 5R 1:11.25 was the better setup vs the 3R. Just my unscientific testing. I only shoot commercial ammo and I don't shoot long or heavy bullets. Best barrel I own is an ARP 18" mid weight 5R. It's an actual laser beam.

-Stooxie

·
Registered
2 Posts
11.5” medium profile, carbine gas
13.9-14”, maybe 14.5”, scout profile, mid gas
any of them in melonite, with the 3R rifling and 5/8” threads.

that’s my thoughts anyways.
Second the 11.5” medium profile, carbine gas with 1:10 .
The 10.5" medium profile, carbine gas with 1:10 would be nice as well.

·
Vendor
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OH, and just sayin.... I always felt like the 5R 1:11.25 was the better setup vs the 3R. Just my unscientific testing. I only shoot commercial ammo and I don't shoot long or heavy bullets. Best barrel I own is an ARP 18" mid weight 5R. It's an actual laser beam.

-Stooxie
I agree I like the 5r rifling
Have you guys shot a 5R side by side with a 3R to compare them? Curious as to why you say the 5R is better

1 - 20 of 30 Posts