6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the first time all year yesterday, I got to therange. Been busy with work, kid, work, house, work and stuff. I feel bad not getting to the range until yesterday. Anyhow, I brought out some newly minted uppers. The first was a 7.62x39 16" mid-length upper. The bright side, is that it is super accurate. The down sideis that it wasn't cycling. I haven't attempted diagnosing the issue, but I am 90% sure the gas block isn't aligned properly with the gas port. I'll be checking that asap.

The other upper was an ARP 7.62x39 that shot like a dream with some Federal Power Shok grouping 2-holes for 3rds.

The third upper was a budget upper I put together as a budget build. I purchased a Radical Firearms 16” 1/7 mid-length barrel from Primaryarms for $65 last year. Put this with a FA-delete Anderson upper with an AIM NiB BCG and Magpul hadguards.

The good news is it functioned well. The bad was that I could not group for crap. 25yd groups were in excess of 4”. By the time I tried my luck at 100 yds, I was lucky to get 10” groups. I used 55gr surplus, American Eagle 63gr SP and Win 64gr SP too. No luck. I tried hitting rocks atthe 200yd berm and would get a hit and the next round was low left by 2-3 ft.

To top that off, the AIM carrier was machined like crap and started to flake the NiB off the cam pin.

I’ve since written AIM and Radical Firearms to see about swapping parts out. I expected reduced accuracy with the non-free float handguard and nothing over 64gr. But seriously, I expected better accuracy.

Lasty, I fired my converted Draco (to a rifle) and the front sight jarred loose from recoil! I’m hoping to fix these issues and get back out there soon.

For some reason, I can't upload photos. Can't use Snapfish to link to either. Suggestions?

Edit: Does this link work?

http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/Dakotachris37/library/?sort=2&page=1

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Going to the range is always fun, coming home from the range can be depressing sometimes.

I am in the process of replacing cheap parts in a pistol build. I knew better but I did it anyhow.

Have you tried using photobucket to post pics?

I posted a test pic from photobucket and it posted.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
If you haven't yet click on the forum actions tab and then select general settings when that comes up scroll down and at the bottom on the left side click on your attachments. You may have to delete some of your old pictures at that point. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That doesn't appear to be the issue. I have plenty of space to add photos under my profile. When the manage attachment window pops up, it's just blank.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Took my ARP x39 to the range today and was hitting 600 yard steel no problem. Using Hornady Z-Max 123 gr. with the new 20 rnd x39 CPD mags. They work great. No issues.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
That doesn't appear to be the issue. I have plenty of space to add photos under my profile. When the manage attachment window pops up, it's just blank.
That's a new one for me, the only other issues I have had is with the compatability settings in my browser but you have probably done that as well.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took my ARP x39 to the range today and was hitting 600 yard steel no problem. Using Hornady Z-Max 123 gr. with the new 20 rnd x39 CPD mags. They work great. No issues.
That's awesome! I love the ARP x39 barrel/superbolt combo. Still waiting to pop its cherry on a deer.

That's a new one for me, the only other issues I have had is with the compatability settings in my browser but you have probably done that as well.
I actually haven't, but no matter which browser or computer I use, same issue.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, an update. Both AIM and Radical Firearms are taking the issue parts back from my .223 build. I gotta pay shipping back but that is okay. I'll update once I can get back to the range with the new parts again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts