6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can never seem to find any decent 6.8 brass anywhere. Where is the best place to get brass? All I can find right now are $.60-.80 per shell. Or is that just the norm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
306 Posts
I can never seem to find any decent 6.8 brass anywhere. Where is the best place to get brass? All I can find right now are $.60-.80 per shell. Or is that just the norm?

Pretty much looking at buying loaded ammo . Not much 1x fired available any more. A few members here post it up occasionally.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Early on I purchased a bit of new brass but then found that it was just about the same cost and a lot more fun to purchase loaded ammo and turn it into once fired brass.

Two good inexpensive sources are the S&B 110 gr FMJ green box and the Federal XM68GD both generally in the 50 to 60 cents per loaded round range or $10 to $12 a box. I believe the S&B is a bit better brass but don't have any Federal to compare it to. Hornady is on par with the S&B brass and S&B has made brass for Hornady.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There is a guy in Oklahoma selling S&B primed new brass for $560 per 1000 on Gunbroker. That's $0.56 cents a piece primed. I purchased 1000 from him and it was delivered in 2 days.

·
Super Moderator
11,757 Posts

You could buy S&B on sale from PSA cheaper than that, shoot it then it will be fireformed for your chamber. When they have it in stock that is.

·
Registered
691 Posts
brass

i got on line and ordered from Wilson Combat for 54 bucks on sale. Nothing showed up for over a week and i called and they said the SSA Brass was on back order. They didn't know Nosler had aquired SSA so i just figured i'd never get the brass but i didn't cancel my order. Long story short i got my brass last week and it was SSA, package and head stamp. Makes me wonder if they're still making brass?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info! I saw some once fired SSA brass online yesterday, was from Wilson Combat.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
For $21 more at a little under $75 you can get 100 loaded rounds here http://www.luckygunner.com/rifle/6.8-remington-spc-ammo

If you buy a thousand it is only $630, a bit more than some of the others at just $600 a thousand.
It would be $653.00 to the door with shipping. but the other sites that have it for $600, shipping is as much as 47 bucks! by the time it's shipped all vender's charge about $650 to the door. So .65 per round is about as cheap as it gets. still a fair price to me. thanks for the inf.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I bought 200 pieces of Hornady brass couple days ago from Sportsmans Warehouse. $39.99 per 100, with my military discount of 5%, 40.5 cents per, virgin brass, no crimps. I still have 1 bag of SSA from before the buyout, and working about 300 SSA, Barrett(SSA). Hornady is gtg in my book.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought 200 pieces of Hornady brass couple days ago from Sportsmans Warehouse. $39.99 per 100, with my military discount of 5%, 40.5 cents per, virgin brass, no crimps. I still have 1 bag of SSA from before the buyout, and working about 300 SSA, Barrett(SSA). Hornady is gtg in my book.
I just looked on Sportsmans Warehouse, I see 2
$39.99 per 50.

·
Registered
269 Posts
But, I will go and buy more when they get it in. I'm saving the SSA stuff, and I like Hornady products. I have yet to use anything but SSA or Hornady brass. I just haven't been curious enough yet about the Federal or S B.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
These folks are selling....WHEN THEY HAVE IT.......250 pulled Federal 6.8 primed brass for $75. Be aware they are out of stock at present, and this staked primers...which means they will have to be run tru a swage pocket primer remover. They are good people. I counted 255 pieces and only 2 were unusable because of crushed necks. The rest polished up nice and shiny after a little tumbling.

Here is the link: http://www.americanreloading.com/en/68-mm-spc-new-brass/194--68mm-spc-new-federal-primed-brass-2nds-250ct.html

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts