6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all! Waiting on my first 6.8 to arrive. Wondering about scope recommendations for gun. Primary use will be hunting whitetail in south. I have researched several options and not sure if I should go the strike Eagle 1-8x24 route or just go with the typical midrange 50 mm route. Anybody got advice on strike Eagle?

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have the Strike Eagle on two 6.8’s. Very good choice for hunting.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Strike Eagle on my 6.8 too. Been happy with it for a couple years now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I got a Strike Eagle last fall, I still haven't used it. I much prefer my PST and will be getting another.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I shot a Burris MTAC on my rock river yesterday and liked it. Natchezss has them on sale for 249 right now. 1.5 x 6 x 42, illuminated, has the dot reticle in a circle with smaller dots below the main dot. It is a hunting, 3 gun, combat type scope. My other is an EO tech holographic. I like it as well for what it provides.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’m in the market as well. Vortex are nice, but I refuse to buy anything from China now. I’ve been looking at Leupolds, but so many to choose from.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I’m in the market as well. Vortex are nice, but I refuse to buy anything from China now. I’ve been looking at Leupolds, but so many to choose from.
Not all scope made by Vortex are manufactured in China. All of my Razors scopes were made in Japan. My PST scopes were made in Philippines. I've got Leupolds scopes as well. Like both brands.

·
Registered
27 Posts
On my 16" 6.8 ARP hunting rifle, I have a NightForce NXS 2.5-10x42 in NF rings, by far my most favorite scope. Dial it back for quick, short range target acquisition, or take it up to 10 to make a longer shot. I like the 2-12 magnification on my AR hunting rifles.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
what type of terrain and conditions will you be hunting? short woodlands and dense thickets or bean fields and long shots? Stalking or Blind sitting? these are factors to consider.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am getting ready to order a Steiner GS3 2-10 for my 6.8. I prefer a simple duplex reticle, even though illumination would be nice it wasn't a deal breaker for me. Made in Colorado if memory serves ( way too much looking at different things).

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have been using a 2X7 Burris since 2008. It very nicely seems to fit the range envelope likely to be used for the 6.8. The 2X can still be shot with both eyes open for the really close stuff (like the buck that almost runs over you)and the 7X you can still hit the steel at 700yds.

·
Registered
375 Posts
My favorite scope for the 6.8 is a Leupold VX5 in a 1-5x24 illuminated. Enough power to reach out to 250-300 yards for kill zone accuracy, but still a true 1 power for CQB

·
Registered
21 Posts
My favorite scope for the 6.8 is a Leupold VX5 in a 1-5x24 illuminated. Enough power to reach out to 250-300 yards for kill zone accuracy, but still a true 1 power for CQB
Now you have me second guessing myself. I just got a Leupold VX3i 2.5-8x36. I was on the fence about the 1-5x24.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Burris four X , 1.5 - 6x40 , 30mm illuminated dot with german 3P#4 post . Item # 200427 . Only place I have found it for sale is Camerland , in New York . I like it so much I bought several more .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts