6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been doing some keyboard tapping and am starting to like the ACSS reticle. Looking to put a 1-6, 1-8 or 1-10 power LPVO on a 6.8 AR.

Looked at ballistics comparisons. Comparing the 6.8 Remington SPC BTHP 115gr to the .308 BTHP 168gr seems closest in bullet drop.

So a scope designed for .308 seems the best choice. Was using this site for ballistics...

Suggestions as to best sub $1500 LPVO scope? Trying not to get too pricey.

68 vs 308 ballistics.png

·
Registered
667 Posts
I think the primary arms units are in the 2-400 dollar range. Ive never been one to go nuts on high priced optics. Your $1500 is more than my whole 6.8 build with my optic, still a sub MOA gun.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Guess my 2 biggest questions are whats the intended use, and how hard are you on gear? Really the magnification level is dealers choice.. all about what you prefer for whatever distance. I personally would go no less than 1-8, but im running a carbine length rig and im blind 😂😂.. so I like to have the extra magnification at my discretion if I want it at 100+

·
Registered
929 Posts
Glass on the Vortex Razor is amazing. They are heavy, but a very popular and proven optic. Sig won a military contract for the Tango6. The Nightforce NX8 is just a little beyond your budget.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I”m happy with the Swampfox Optics1-10x LPVO, sub MOA on the 68. I”m going to see how it does on a 338 Federal I just completed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I see Leupold Mk6 1-6’s for 1200-1400 pretty frequently. Their 7.62 CMR-W is a great reticle. Glass is excellent and it’s extremely rugged while being lightweight. I prefer it over the Vortex Razor 1-6.

That being said, the Vortex PST 1-6 is 85% as good as the Razor and about $500 less.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guess my 2 biggest questions are whats the intended use, and how hard are you on gear? Really the magnification level is dealers choice.. all about what you prefer for whatever distance. I personally would go no less than 1-8, but im running a carbine length rig and im blind 😂😂.. so I like to have the extra magnification at my discretion if I want it at 100+
Thanks for asking. Will be a multi-use scope for paper, steel, hunting, maybe 3 gun comp. Prefer FFP if that is possible for that price point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see Leupold Mk6 1-6’s for 1200-1400 pretty frequently. Their 7.62 CMR-W is a great reticle. Glass is excellent and it’s extremely rugged while being lightweight. I prefer it over the Vortex Razor 1-6.

That being said, the Vortex PST 1-6 is 85% as good as the Razor and about $500 less.
Thank you. I'll look at those. Trying to find a good scope with the ACSS reticle, but may compromise if the glass is good at the price point.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Look a the Primary Arms Platinum line of LPVOs. ACSS reticle, 1-8x, FFP. About $1300. Seems to meet your criteria.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have 2 1x6 PA slx with the griffin reticle
3 1x8 PA slx with griffin
2 vortex 1x4 viper pst circle dot
1 Trijicon 1x4 green triangle

Griffin is my fav reticle, love that chevron, big for quick up close shots and point of the chevron for long shots.
The circle dot on the vortex is nice but not as easy to see in dawn dusk iluminated reticle times. The circle glow makes the area inside the circle less clear in low light.
The trijicon is the sweer but only 4x... glass is great, edge to edge clarity with almost the eye relief of a red dot! The triangle fades out indoors though.
I would pick the 1-8 PA over any ....
1. Price 299 on sale
2. Glass is fantastic
3. Love the PA reticle
4. Easy throw with the cat tail

If you guys haven't seen. UTG makes a one peice lightweight mount that locks up tight and doesn't need to be lapped for under 30$ on amazon. It is as nice as the warn and votex mounts that are over 100$. I have a couple now and they are holding up as good as my high end mounts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts