6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this should be in the general forum because I'm looking for 6.8 and 5.56 mags. Please move it if warranted.

Who has the best deal on magazines right now. I'm interested in a bulk deal like 10 or so. I know that DPMS has 10 CP mags for $100, and AIM has 10 CP mags for $95.80. Both of these are 556 mags though.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Check out 44mag.com.... all c-products 6.8 mags are 14.99 each... 15-17 and 25 rounders...the barrett 30 rounders are 44.95 and out of stock.... you can backorder them and they wont charge your card till they are in stock...

hope that helps ...everyone else is either out or over 20.00

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Palmetto also has the 25 rd. 6.8 CP Marlube mags for $14.99.

I ordered 20 and recieved them in about four days.

One was a 5.56 mag by mistake and Joe at Palmetto sent me another 6.8 mag at no charge and told me to keep the 5.56 mag for my trouble.

Excellent customer service and great forum vendor in my opinion.

Kerry

·
Registered
410 Posts
Owenslee, my new rifle came with one of those new marlube 25gr CP mags and it fits very tightly in the mag well, you really have to yank on it to get it out. Their other mags have worked fine. Just wondering if you have had any problems or do I just have a lemon. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
rcrandall,

I have about 35 of the CP mags bought over the last five months. They are mostly 25 round but a couple are 5 and 10 round also. All but one are the moly "marlube" finish. The one exception is the new Teflon finish.

One of the first checks I make when unpackaging new mags is to slip them into a stripped lower to check for fit.

All mags that I have, fit without a problem. However I have noticed that some have less "clearance" in the mag well than others. What I found is that the marlube coating has areas where moly buildup is thicker than the rest of the mag. I noted this especially around the mag catch "window". Adjacent to the corners there would be buildup that you could remove with a fingernail. It was just excessive moly that had dried...leaving a high spot in several areas. The back rib of the mag was another area that showed extra moly buildup.

I would check your tight mag for signs of something similar. Otherwise it sounds like you may have a high spot weld or a distorted or oversize mag body that got past QC. In any event CP is good about replacing any mag you are dissatisfied with.

Kerry

·
Registered
441 Posts
One of my new Teflon coated CP 25 rd. mags. was a very tight fit in my Spikes lower when I first got it. But after inserting and removing it a half dozen times it works great. Drops free from magwell when empty and I didn't have any feeding issues.

·
Premium Member
6,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bushdog45 said:
One of my new Teflon coated CP 25 rd. mags. was a very tight fit in my Spikes lower when I first got it. But after inserting and removing it a half dozen times it works great. Drops free from magwell when empty and I didn't have any feeding issues.
I have a 10rd PRI that has gotten tighter the more I shoot it. I have to pull it from the well each time.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
jtdistributing has some of thier own 6.8 mags in thier catalog and not on thier site.... they are doublestar corp 6.8 mags... dont laugh.... the catch is that they ARE fitted with the magpul anti-tilt follower and chrome silicone magazine springs.... they also have the marlube finish.... they are 21.99 each.... I just ordered 3 10 rounders to try them out before committing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts