6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read about using the TTSX load (only in PRI mags) and while I can reload, I don't even have any magazines (key term here is YET :D ).

I plan on going to my lease in Central Texas twice more this year, once the second week of November (for hog) and the second time the second week of December (for deer and hog).

I have learned that my upper has the Spec II chamber, so I can order the Combat Loads from SSA. Should I use the 110 gr Accubond, 110 gr Barnes X, or the 115gr Sierra OTM? From the pics off the cameras, we have some damn big hogs, one looks like he is close to 300+ pounds. If I get a chance to shoot that [email protected]#%r, I want him to go down and stay that way, especially since I will have my 8 year old son with me. He likes going hunting with Daddy, and I am not going to dissuade his enthusiasm.

Matter of fact, my next purchase will be a dedicated .22LR upper for a Superior Arms lower with his name on it. I don't want to run the risk of his getting hurt by a pissed off boar.

I know one of you guys guide hunts down in South Texas. Lemme know when and where, since I live near Harlingen. Be happy to hook up for a beer or two, and learn a bit more about the 6.8!! :D

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
The SSA 110 Gr. TSX or Accubond will work best.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I second that. TSX and AC the best

In all honesty shot in the shoulder the 110 PH, TSX, AC will all work.

Really even the 115 SMk, 110 OTM will also work

Th V-max and 90 HP are best only used for neck head shots.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Paulo and Tim have it right:

The TSX and and the accubond should be the best hog bullets. I have a lot of experience with the TSX and now the TTSX, and the latter is clearly the best hog bullet I have ever used, bar none.

I have now killed hogs with all three and if I had to choose just ONE bullet to shoot at feral hogs, it would be the TTSX (the TSX if I was forced to choose among factory loadings).

I am the guy that hunts in south Texas but I am nearer to Corpus Christi. Feel free to send me a PM and I hope I can take you up on the beer.... :D

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
HTR said:

The TSX and and the accubond should be the best hog bullets. I have a lot of experience with the TSX and now the TTSX, and the latter is clearly the best hog bullet I have ever used, bar none.

I have now killed hogs with all three and if I had to choose just ONE bullet to shoot at feral hogs, it would be the TTSX (the TSX if I was forced to choose among factory loadings).

I am the guy that hunts in south Texas but I am nearer to Corpus Christi. Feel free to send me a PM and I hope I can take you up on the beer.... :D
What gives the TTSX such a clear advantage over the TSX... or even the 110 PH...?

Kerry

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
owenslee said:
HTR said:

What gives the TTSX such a clear advantage over the TSX... or even the 110 PH...?

Kerry
The TSX have the polymer tip which help the bullet expand better.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
paulosantos said:
owenslee said:
HTR said:

Kerry
The TSX have the polymer tip which help the bullet expand better.
You mean the TTSX don't you...?

Kerry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts