6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have to brag on Eric at blackstone arms. I know most of you know this on the forum but his ARP barrels are awesome. I just built my first 6.8 with an ARP barrel and this thing is absolutely amazing and I’m sure it can shoot better than I can. I have shot Hornady VMAX, SST, and CX and it shoots one just as good as the others. I don’t even have to adjust the scope for each bullet as they all shoot in the same spot. I got it on paper at 100 yds and shot five VMAX as my very first group (red and white target). The others were 3 SST and 5 CX on a different day. The 2 off shots for CX I am sure were me as I don’t even shoot all that much to be honest. If you are thinking of a new barrel these are definitely the real deal. He also has awesome customer service!

Attachments

·
Registered
749 Posts
Not saying its easy but long as he holds up to the previous owners standards ARP will be best barrel for the money. While I have some full custom spun single point cut rifled, air gauged and other premium barrels (usually i consider barrels exceeding $400 entering the custom catagory) some of my ARPs shoot so good they are often preferred rifle to go out the door.

Have an ARP 18" 5R barrel that harvests coyotes out to 450 yards with almost 100% precision. When it misses inside of 400 yards its 100% operator error. If remember paid $175 or $195 but was under $200 for the barrel. Have an ARP 20" 3R that's almost as accurate and again was in $200 price range which I consider picking price point not precision. If ever need a barrel want to exceed its price point will buy ARP. If want a bit more consistency a Shilen, Bartlien, Krieger, Pac Nor, etc won't fail you but unless shooting paper for groups or reaching out for varmints paying double does not get you twice the tube.

I am still building the pile of Noveske tubes I bought on a bulk deal but when they run out will be checking out the new ARPs. Have ARPs in several cartridges and not been disappointed but their 6.8s just seem to be a notch above. As an FYI have an ARP 20" 22 Nosler 3R barrel that now holds the record for round count before accuracy fall off. Am used to 22 Nosler tubes being somewhat "disposable" but the ARP has broken 2,000 rounds and shoots groups within 0.10" of what it recorded after break in. Normally a 22 Nosler tube is laser accurate for first 1,000 rounds, becomes a plinker/trainer from 1,000 and is replaced at 2,000. Think the 3R melonite has helped it stay true compared to majority 9f my Noslers being single point cut stainless tubes.

·
Vendor
1,064 Posts
Not saying its easy but long as he holds up to the previous owners standards ARP will be best barrel for the money.
Nothing has or will change with specs or QC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts