6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I finally had time to pickup my new Bergara B14 Hunter in 300wm. First impressions are its worth every penny. The barrel is adequately free floated, the stock is stiff enough (I've used stiffer stocks, but this one should be just fine!), fit and finish of the stock and action is excellent considering it's a composite stock. The trigger is crisp with very little creep and the action is smooth. The barrel sticker that was on it is junk though!!!!! It left residue all over the barrel.

I havent shot it yet, but I'm headed to the range weds to break the barrel in and start to iron things out. I'll report on accuracy after my range session.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys. It's pretty light weight even with the 6-24x vortex. They promise sub moa with factory ammo so we will see how she does

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I had a chance to get to the range today. I shot 10 rnds while breaking in and cleaning the barrel. After break in I managed to get 5 shots on paper just outside a silver dollar at 200 yards. I was using 180gr federal cheapo ammo. I'm happy with its accuracy considering the ammo and still being a pretty fresh barrel. I'm going to start in on load development with 180gr accubonds this weekend and see how tight we can get the groups.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Any updates?

Mulling over a Bergara 300wm or the new Tikka T3x, as an inexpensive 1000m gun.
No new updates yet, I was away on business all week/weekend so haven't had time to work up a ladder and get to the range.

i wouldn't hesitate to go after the Bergara over the tikka. Tikka makes a fine weapon, and I've shot them many times, but would still go Bergara after getting mine set up

·
Registered
3 Posts
I literally just picked up one a swell in 300, comparing the trigger/action/fit and finish compared to my R700. The Bergara is above and beyond compared to the R700, the bolt is one of the smoothest I've ever manipulated and the barrel speaks for itself, the stock is better but will be replaced on the future, only because I want a stiffer stock, not that this is flimsy or cheap stock just something I prefer. The trigger is extremely easy to adjust, can't wait to get it to the range.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.