6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here had any luck with benchmark powder with the Hornady 110 V-Max or the 110 HPBT?
I've looked in many different loading manuals and there's lots of different charge weights.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
180 Posts
Has anyone here had any luck with benchmark powder with the Hornady 110 V-Max or the 110 HPBT?
I've looked in many different loading manuals and there's lots of different charge weights.

Thanks in advance
You won't get the fastest velocities with Benchmark but you probably will get some very accurate loads. Some of my most accurate loads are with benchmark. This is purely from memory so please double check but if I recall correctly 28 to 28.5 grains of benchmark is usually very accurate with 110 grain bullets. The most accurate load I have ever developed is 31.0 grains of benchmark under a 90 grain TNT, COL @ 2.28. Quarter inch or better if (big if) I can do my part correctly in two of my guns. As always start lower and carefully work up!!! I am sure you will find a load or two that pleases you!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
28.8 grains compressed at 2.260 with 52k chamber pressure and 2665 fps from a 24" barrel according to hodgdon load data with the 110 v-max. As stated above velocities are mediocre but accuracy is phenomenal. I feel like Benchmark is as amazing powder but not really in line with the best powders available for 6.8 spc

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You won't get the fastest velocities with Benchmark but you probably will get some very accurate loads. Some of my most accurate loads are with benchmark. This is purely from memory so please double check but if I recall correctly 28 to 28.5 grains of benchmark is usually very accurate with 110 grain bullets. The most accurate load I have ever developed is 31.0 grains of benchmark under a 90 grain TNT, COL @ 2.28. Quarter inch or better if (big if) I can do my part correctly in two of my guns. As always start lower and carefully work up!!! I am sure you will find a load or two that pleases you!!!
The reason I am asking about benchmark is because my wife's 6.5 Grendel loads with benchmark are super accurate under .50 inches at 100 yards.
I'm not looking for crazy velocities just accurate loads.
Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Benchmark is too slow and not dense enough. Beyond A2200 and H322 there aren't many choices for the 6.8 cartridge, IMO.

Reactions: crf450rr
1 - 5 of 5 Posts