6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I don't have a 6.8 yet, but i want to hedge my bets in case the military does adopt the round in the future. I am going to buy 10 full capacity magazines and am trying to decide between the PRI and Barrett. Right now I can get 10 of the Barretts for around $350 and 10 of the PRI for around $400. What do you all think? I have not seen a Barrett up close and am concerned about the extra length. Has this bothered anyone?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Seems like Barrett wins the vote in most polls I've seen on different forums, though PRI apparently allows for a bit more flexibility for re-loading certain length bullets.

Where can you get 10 Barretts for $350?

·
Registered
262 Posts
The Barretts are an inch longer which can be an issue using some mag pouches, as well as a pain in prone shooting.

Otherwise they have a good rep.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
PRI all the way. You can load the the ammo out to 2.31" with the PRI. With the Barrett, you have to load to 2.250"

·
Registered
410 Posts
My Barrett's take loads out to 2.260". I don't think you can go wrong with either, but I carry Barrett's on the job with my LWRC but use PRI's for my AR15 Performance rifle. If you reload and like to squeek everything out of a cartridge the PRI's are better because you can load the rounds out longer. If your applicaitons will be more combat oriented I would get the Barrett's. Personally, I would get 10 of whatever mag you plan on using the most and two or three of the others. You can never have too many mags. What I would really like to see are 25gr Barrett's.

·
Registered
251 Posts
No one here can tell much difference when shooting prone with either Barrett or PRI mags--it could be because we recommend monopoding the rifle off the magazine and are often wearing armor. Both Barrett and PRI mags fit into our Eagle and Paraclete mag pouches without problems, even with Magpul's on the magazines... No worries.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where can I get a couple Barrett mags for less than $45 each? I need a couple to try out.

I have been buying the PRI from Brownells for $34.95ea and have had no problems with function. They all drop free from the mag well as well. These are built like a tank. Are the Barrett built the same way? Heavy steel?

·
Registered
410 Posts
gaspipes said:
Where can I get a couple Barrett mags for less than $45 each? I need a couple to try out.

I have been buying the PRI from Brownells for $34.95ea and have had no problems with function. They all drop free from the mag well as well. These are built like a tank. Are the Barrett built the same way? Heavy steel?
Yes, the Barrett's are made from a heavy steel like the PRI's and use a metal anti-tilt follower. They are tough, smooth mags.

Keep an eye out on Trijicondealer.com for when Barrett's are back in stock as they are around $35 or $36.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
PRI has outstanding service. I called them about a bunch of mags I bought last year that did not have enough metal cut away at the front of the mag causing the bullets to scrape on it. the nice lady that answered the phone emailed me a ups pickup ticket, the got them back last night and called and said they were sending out all new ones to replace them. now that is good service

cproducts is a whole differnt ball of wax

·
Registered
0 Posts
I've read the PRI's are actually made fron a lighter weight steel alloy and have a different weld approach, so when combined, it allows for a slightly larger OAL. Personally, I have both, but my buying ratio (Barrett to PRI) would be 5:1.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I say Barrett all the way. 5 more rounds and top notch quality. The PRI seems to get more negative from what I hear than the Cproducts.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Solomon said:
gaspipes said:
Barrett sells them directly for $40 each, plus $20 shipping.
$20 shipping!? :shock: Is their warehouse on the moon?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts