6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the gun show and picked up some more 6.8 Barrett mags. Total of 9, I sure do hope that they fit my LWRC lol Anyone have problems with these mags?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Barrett makes great mags for the 6.8SPC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, From what I've been advised, the BARRETT 6.8 SPC magazines APPEAR to be the best, with the current / newer production PRI brand a close 2nd. ( Some say to go only with BARRETT's for serious use, other say PRI's are equal in quality & performance. The PRI's will allow a slightly longer ctg. O.A.L. if using different loadings and / or brands of ammunition. ) The 25 rd PRI mag's that I recently received are of exceptional fit & finish, and so far have been 100% reliable. Lastly, we have the C-PRODUCTS magazines. Again, I've encountered varying opinions as to their quality & functionality. Some say they work perfectly, at least the current production examples do. It appears though that many agree as to the earlier production C-PRODUCTS mag's were of somewhat dubious quality, & therefore exhibited less than stellar performance. ( It appears that some worked really well, some worked just OK, & some just plain didn't work ! ) As compared against the other 2 brands of 6.8 SPC magazines, the C-PRODUCTS versions aren't steel, but aluminum like US - GI mfg. M-16 magazines. Compared to the steel variety, they just feel flimsy, to me anyway. The 25 rd C-PRODUCTS example I received along with my NIB STAG ARMS, Model 5 Carbine didn't appear to be of the same quality as my recently acquired PRI 25 rd's, I called STAG just to verify that it was the correct mag for the weapon ! As it was different for any of my other 6.8 mags, I thought that perhaps there had been a mix up during packaging at the factory. It was unmarked as to caliber, the ONLY evidence of it being 6.8 was that it's brown follower was of a different design than a 5.56 version. STAG advised me that it was from a small run produced during mid 2007, & that they were indeed unmarked as to caliber. I haven't tried it as of yet, but if it functions properly, I'll probably use it as a "range only magazine". WELL, OK, I guess that's enough rambling on my part. So, according to popular concensus, it appears as if the "BARRETT" magazines as a 1st CHOICE, with the CURRENT (WAFFLE PATTTERN) "PRI"'s as a very close 2nd CHOICE, & the CURRENT C-PRODUCTS" examples as 3rd CHOICE. Now, before anyone starts to scream, that's just "my take" on the subject. If anyone can add to, and or correct any of my data, PLEASE feel free to do so. THANK'S & HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL !!

Regards, dpast32

·
Registered
410 Posts
Both Barrett and PRI second gen mags have been 100% reliable for me. The Barrett's feed lips hold the rounds at a noticable upward angle, meaning the rounds engage only the top portion of the feed ramps so the bullet gets less shredded as it chambers. The PRI's don't have that pronounced of an angle and hit the feeds ramps harder with an audible ka-chunk. However, I have yet to experience a malfunction with the new PRI's. I think you can't go wrong with either but I use Barrett's for duty.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
I would like to get some of these Barrets and see the feed lip angle difference, I think if PRI does this mod to the future mags they would be perfect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts