6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Barrett M468. I have fired Remington ammo only at this point. I am not pleased with the accuracy. I am hoping it is releted to the ammo. Can you recommend a round that will shoot well in th M468? I hope to achieve groups just under an inch at 100 meters.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Try the 110 Gr. Pro-Hunters and the 115 Gr. OTM. Keep in mind that there are two versions of the 115 Gr. OTM (Standard and Combat Load). I would try both.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Our early model Barrett shoots excellent groups around 1 MOA, of course with our ammo.

We have nearly every model weapon currently being produced and we test thru all of them. We find accuracy will vary some what but not many guns shooting over 1 1/2 to 2 MOA with most upper end guns shooting sub-MOA under very controlled condtions. The biggest difference we see is in chmaber and rifling from manufacturer to manufacturer.

Art - SSA

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today,
I was able to achieve much more impressive results with Hornady 110 gr V Max. Of the seven 3 shot groups, my best group measured .4". The worst was .9". I ran a bore snake through the barrel after each shot. I ordered some SSA and should receive it by Tuesday. I will post the results of my next range session.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After testing all of the Remington and Hornady offerings, we have concluded the Hornady is more accurate and consistent than any of the Remington in the Barrett. The SSA 115 Gr OTM performed as well as the Hornady 110 Gr OTM. We will purchase the Pro Hunter and test it next week. If you own a Barrett ,I would definitely recommend the SSA and the Hornady.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Agreed, I have an LWRC and a Ko-Tonics 6.8's and the SSA is the most accurate. Hornady is the next with the 110gr BTHP. Both make great ammo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts