6.8 SPC Forums banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I can't produce any cats right now since I can't keep 5.56s or 6.8s in stock, after things calm down I'll look at the cats again. If I was smart and Grendel extractors were easy to get I would make the 6mm ARC but...
I should make a 6mm Dasher or 6BRX but that means making more big bolts and finding those same Grendel extractors. The problem with all of the cats is I would need to get dies made too. The TAC6 is most likely to happen again.
So no more Tac 30?

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
So no more Tac 30?
I think it has taken 3 years to sell 100. I can sell 100 6.8s in a night if I listed all of them so pretty poor odds.

Reactions: sfs13

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I think it has taken 3 years to sell 100. I can sell 100 6.8s in a night if I listed all of them so pretty poor odds.
Sad because if a major company would get behind the round, it could do great. I have converted a few folks over to it from the WC variants and the performance is unmatched for its size.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Sad because if a major company would get behind the round, it could do great. I have converted a few folks over to it from the WC variants and the performance is unmatched for its size.
I fell hard for the tac30. I was concerned about it being a wildcat and hard to reload for. But it was the total opposite. Easy to make brass and easy to reload. I’m glad I bought a spare barrel before they sold out. It sure put the coyote down with authority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
I know it's a good hunting round but hunters don't get online and yak 24/7 like long range guys do. Everyone thinks the long range rounds are the only ones that exist even though the hunting crowd is 1000 times larger than the long range crowd.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]
The PO for bolts and BCGs have been outstanding for 6 months. First they said late Feb, in Late Feb they said they could not give me a time.
In 2010 I sent out a PO to start the initial business with that same company, It was a PO for 2000 carriers, It took 3 years for them to fill that PO during the obama panic.
In 2017 I thought I could get enough bolts that I could shut down the CNCs, guess I was wrong. Even If I did start machining bolts again I probably couldn't get the small parts to finish them.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I need another caliber like I need a hole in the head but the TAC30 in 18" is one I hope makes a reappearance at some point.

·
Registered
50 Posts
H, any ETA on .223W 18” SPR barrels?

I’ve got a wild hair I can’t get rid of, and yours is the only SPR barrel I’m interested in...

101 - 117 of 117 Posts