6.8 SPC Forums banner

81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
H, it's almost depressing to see you working so hard to keep stocked this "dead caliber."
H, are there any 6.8 16" SOCOM profiles coming or are you just sticking with the Scout profile?
Not any time soon, the next batch will be the Scout profile in Aug.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I just burned some some plastic on an 18" axle, waahoo!

Constructor, what is a realistic shipping time? I'll be out of town for a week leaving in 10 days. I do not mind if it takes longer to ship, I don't want it to arrive while I am not in town.

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Probably 5-6 days so that is cutting it close.

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Sorry but no, not in 2021.

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 · (Edited)
The PO for bolts and BCGs have been outstanding for 6 months. First they said late Feb, in Late Feb they said they could not give me a time.
In 2010 I sent out a PO to start the initial business with that same company, It was a PO for 2000 carriers, It took 3 years for them to fill that PO during the obama panic.
In 2017 I thought I could get enough bolts that I could shut down the CNCs, guess I was wrong. Even If I did start machining bolts again I probably couldn't get the small parts to finish them.

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
H, do you have the 18" ss fluted barrel's on the horizon?
Not yet. Things are still crazy and It's taking apx 2 months longer than normal so I can't use a production slot on barrels that take a long time to sell. I'll look at the schedule again in a few months if things start to calm down

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Me, too. Of the three 6.8's that I own (all ARP), my impression is that the 18" group buy is the best all around performer altho I often carry the 12.5" when I am shooting due to utility.

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 · (Edited)
I can't produce any cats right now since I can't keep 5.56s or 6.8s in stock, after things calm down I'll look at the cats again. If I was smart and Grendel extractors were easy to get I would make the 6mm ARC but...
I should make a 6mm Dasher or 6BRX but that means making more big bolts and finding those same Grendel extractors. The problem with all of the cats is I would need to get dies made too. The TAC6 is most likely to happen again.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I can't produce any cats right now since I can't keep 5.56s or 6.8s in stock, after things calm down I'll look at the cats again. If I was smart and Grendel extractors were easy to get I would make the 6mm ARC but...
I should make a 6mm Dasher or 6BRX but that means making more big bolts and finding those same Grendel extractors. The problem with all of the cats is I would need to get dies made too. The TAC6 is most likely to happen again.
I'd like all three ! a 20" Tac6, a 6mm Dasher and a 6mm Arc. Thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
6 Dasher?!? 6BRX?!? You're speaking to my soul H!

81 - 100 of 117 Posts