6.8 SPC Forums banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
20" 6.8s should be here this week, I'll have to test them before adding to the site.
Savage barrels are next in line but not sure when
16" Scouts should come after the Savage
The 16” Scout barrels will be Melonite treated?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Went ahead and ordered a sixteen inch .223. Hope it shoots as well as my 6.8's do, I'll be happy with that!

Alan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can’t wait for the Recce/Socom’s to be back in stock. I’ll place a multiple barrel order with correct sized gas port when they’re available. Glad to see they’ll be 4150 and QPQ.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have 50 RECCE profile barrels coming with 5/8 thread same as Socom.
Are the RECCE profile barrels you have coming 5.56 barrels, like these?

OMG!!!!!! That's precisely what I want in my 6.8 barrel. The SOCOM is damned close but doesnt have the capacity to mount a standard FSP due to the short gasblock boss. This though is perfect, unless its 5.56 only.

·
Registered
13,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Both are the same but both have a 1.1" long gas block boss.

·
Registered
13,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Both the 16" SOCOM and Savage 6.8 barrels are being Melonite treated, hopefully have them back by late next week.

Reactions: semi_cop

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Wa-hooooo!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Long-time lurker and first-time poster. Wondering if the 18" Tac 30 barrels are "Not Very Likely" like they were in 2019, or if there is hope this year.

Thanks for taking the time.

·
Super Moderator
11,794 Posts
There is always Lothar Walther! LOL, don't hate me for making a funny.

Reactions: ac6916170

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm certain that this ^ is funny. I'm so new, I don't get the joke - unless Walther barrel group-buy deals continue to be a PITA like they are in the rest of the world.

Or they just suck.

I've talked to Noveske about getting barrel blanks. That was a No Go. They use FN CHF barrels and do their own finish. I don't know where the SS "target" barrels come from. There are smaller makers I'm talking to now.

But I don't know how to get the chamber dimensions for Tac 30 versus .30 Herrett, and I haven't seen what the gas system length is. Is Mid-Length the 'favored' gas system, or should I be going 'Rifle'?

·
Registered
13,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
First thing is since the original 30 Herrett was a rimmed cartridge you have to get new headspace gauges made for a rimless version. Any 30 Herrett dies will size brass for any 30 Herrett, 30 HRT or TAC30 chamber. The differences are the length of the case and the freebore.
I heard years ago that the American 30 was first designed as a 30/6.8 with a 6.8 diameter shoulder, then those guys figured out the 30 Herret dies were .410 and would not properly size the American 30 cases. then they had to try 2 or 3 more times before they figured out what size to make the reamers so they would work with 30 Herrett dies. I do not know if they ever made American 30 dies.

·
Registered
13,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I'm certain that this ^ is funny. I'm so new, I don't get the joke - unless Walther barrel group-buy deals continue to be a PITA like they are in the rest of the world.

Or they just suck.

I've talked to Noveske about getting barrel blanks. That was a No Go. They use FN CHF barrels and do their own finish. I don't know where the SS "target" barrels come from. There are smaller makers I'm talking to now.

But I don't know how to get the chamber dimensions for Tac 30 versus .30 Herrett, and I haven't seen what the gas system length is. Is Mid-Length the 'favored' gas system, or should I be going 'Rifle'?

Or they just suck.

Yes I returned a few hundred barrels to Lothar but, I've returned batches of barrels to Green Mountain, Wilson and Daniel Defense too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, constructor, for the reply. I was asking just a few posts above if you think there are 18" barrels this year in TAC30, or if I should go it alone. I'm probably a giant fan of the 3R thing you're rockin' in other calibers.

Got any feedback or advising re: your barrel stock and/or plans?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can we pre-pay for a couple of the 223wylde recce/socom barrels? What was the old gas port size you were using, .068?

·
Registered
13,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I think the Scout profile 6.8 barrels may be ready around the first week of Aug.
11.5" 223 Wylde and 16" RECCE 223 Wylde maybe the first of Sept.

·
Registered
13,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
When I get back I have a new batch of 16" 6.8 SCOUT and 16" 223 Wylde RECCE with 5/8 muzzle threads.
Working on 11.5" 223 wylde and 18" 6.8s.
About a month after those 16 and 20" 223 Wylde.
Month later 12.5" 6.8s.

·
Registered
13,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
The new ones coming are 11........... Don't know if I have any 18" in Fla.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just want to add that something that Iove about this site and makes me proud to own a couple of ARP barrels is the honesty that surrounds it.

Every other company is all smoke and mirrors and the other sites have people "in the know" that dont know anything and wouldn't say if they did.

Over here, you actually get the truth about the products and the industry.

And now Im wondering about my RCA, Tool Craft and BAD nitrite BCGs. I know h&m does RCA but IDK about the others.

This is h&m telling everyone that it's QPQ when H says its QP.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts