6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Savage 12FVSS in .308 with the 26" Fluted bull barrel and I want to have it cut back to 22". The flutes extend beyond where the cut will have to be and I don't want the look of the flutes extending to the end of the barrel. Would re-contouring the barrel be a viable option to remove the flutes completely? Any other ways to have it look normal other than not cutting it at all?

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
jcast141 said:
I have a Savage 12FVSS in .308 with the 26" Fluted bull barrel and I want to have it cut back to 22". The flutes extend beyond where the cut will have to be and I don't want the look of the flutes extending to the end of the barrel. Would re-contouring the barrel be a viable option to remove the flutes completely? Any other ways to have it look normal other than not cutting it at all?
There is an option but you'll have to find a GOOD smith. Cut the barrel, thread the end and have a thread protector made to screw on, machine the same flute 1/4 " on to the protector in alignment with the flutes on the barrel.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Constructor, thats the most logical answer I have been able to get, think I may just stick with the 26-incher though. Thinking the 4" isn't really going to make that much of a difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts