6.8 SPC Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Hey Look no Ratdog68 Post yet!

*Sneakily Cut and Pastes to OpenOffice.org WP document when every one is looking for the RatWiggles68 Avatar*

Nope not yet!

ENHANCEMENT NOT AN EDIT!:

Wow got stickyed when I was posting!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Let me get this right. To break-in a new barrel, one must follow the break-in regimine which often involves shooting one shot, cleaning and repeatinig this process for 5 to 10 shots, then shoot maybe 3 shots for 5 times and cleaning between each 3 shot session. So lets add up the time to break-in a barrel.

Shoot one shot (3 seconds, 4 if you slow down for a six pack of beer)
Clean - About 12 minutes

Repeat 5 times equals one hour of cleaning. If 10 shots, then two hours of cleaning.

Shoot string of three shots (15 seconds because you're slow)
Clean - About 12 minutes

Repeat 5 times equals another hour of cleaning.

So, at minimum you'll need two to three hours of cleaning time to break-in the barrel. Now all this assumes one can have such an environment and equipemnt and table and space that facilitates cleaning at the range. If not, then you'd have to take the gun home between shots and clean it there. Wow! Has anyone else ever considered the implications of these procedures in the real world?

Daniel
It's a BS myth. I have multiple barrels that shoot <1/4 moa. without ever doing anything other than the initial cleaning.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts