6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question to those of you who have used this bullet.

Do you think it will expand good enough on something soft skinned like a whitetail or do you think it will be too "tough" and not expand? :?:

·
Registered
441 Posts
It will work but for deer Accubonds are better IMO. In fact I think the PH is also a better choice. The issue is there is nothing to really make it expand. Now the TTSX is a different story. It will expand more.

When you consider the cost and they all will do the job: Pro Hunter as they cost less then half of the TSX and are more accurate. Then the AB as they are again a bit less $ and IMO more accurate and have better terminal performance and have th highest real world BC of any other 6.8 bullet. Then you have the TTSx which is the same price but better terminal and BC. Finally the TSX.

Honestly, now with the Accubond is out I very much doubt I will every use the 110 gr :wink: version of the TSX.

·
Premium Member
6,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That's what I was thinking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a nice buck last year with the SSA barns TSX out of my M4 at 150yards. exit wound was bigger then the entrance so i'm guessing it expanded at lest a little, but not as much as an accubond or TTSX will.
the deer floped around a little, but didnt move an inch from where it was shot.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
AS,

I have shot a lot of animals with the TSX, and I think it is too tough, in general, for light-skinned game. If you hit bone then you are OK, but if you just shoot them through the ribs / thorax / lungs, the bullet doesn't transfer as much energy as would a soft point.

I agree with Tim that the SPH or Accubond is going to be the best deer bullet.

However, that said, I haven't seen anything ....not anything... that performs like the Barnes Tipped-TSX. If you are inclined to spend a little more $$ on bullets, the TTSX is the one you want. If you don't, then if hunting deer, use the Accubond.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts