6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a silhouette match today, 200, 300, 385, 500 meter targets. Shot my 24" heavy bull barreled 6.8 as always, and had a little fun after my last string for record.

I had 5 extra rounds I wanted to burn up to keep an even number or brass on the same firing, so I used the splash from my sighting shots at 300 meters as my POA, I knew my POI was going to be left as I made my adjustment for the variable and shifty wind. Decided to shoot for a group, 3 shots prove the rifle, 5 shots prove the shooter they say. I would be very comfortable saying this gun and load can be sub MOA "all day long" as this 5 shot group was right about 0.8 MOA @ 300 meters (~330 yards) Ammo is loaded at magazine length, SAAMI spec pressure and on a progressive with thrown charges, no real special treatment for this batch of ammo!

Shooting Hornady 110 BTHP over Hodgdon 335 with WSR primers all rolled up in 1x fired S&B brass at 2.265-2.270 COAL.

Had fun, glad to get to shoot for a group as I normally shoot one shot per target and focus on cold bore hits.

-Alexander

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Shooting Hornady 110 BTHP over Hodgdon 335 with WSR primers all rolled up in 1x fired S&B brass at 2.265-2.270 COAL.
fast14riot, great shooting. What was your powder charge and muzzle velocity?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
29.6gr puts it right at 2800fps.

-Alexander

·
Registered
59 Posts
Match Results?

Alexander:

I saw you over there showing off! What was your match score? My .223 AR shot a 40 +3! It's too easy with our 6.8's!

Lee

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Lee, not too great this time around, shot a 36+2. I switched to a batch of ammo loaded with some SSA brass on the chickens just to burn it up, hoping the 200 meters would be OK with it, we'll, I won't be using SSA brass with my load anymore when I have such a good one for S&B brass. I also missed number 10 ram (2 minute disc). The group was shot with my S&B load which is a good one.

Next match I hope to clean the course!

-Alexander

1 - 5 of 5 Posts