6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody have experience with Ballistic Advantage barrels?

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, 10 times over so there are enough letters to post

·
Registered
227 Posts
I picked up a Hanson BA barrel in 223 Wylde 16" on the Memorial Day sale. Still putting together other components so I haven't shot it yet. Great looking barrel, can't wait to shoot it.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm looking to get an 18" new model 308 barrel to tide me over, wish it had a rifle gas system instead of mid. do they dimple the barrels?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I picked up a Hanson BA barrel in 223 Wylde 16" on the Memorial Day sale. Still putting together other components so I haven't shot it yet. Great looking barrel, can't wait to shoot it.
I picked up the same barrel in January or February sometime. It's a great shooter. I'm getting .75" groups regularly with the cheaper varmint ammo.

id opt for the pinned low pro option. It's only $40 and they do the work for you along with including the gas block. Great option.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I picked up the same barrel in January or February sometime. It's a great shooter. I'm getting .75" groups regularly with the cheaper varmint ammo.

id opt for the pinned low pro option. It's only $40 and they do the work for you along with including the gas block. Great option.
only problem with that is i want an adjustable block

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
They are owned by Aero Precision and I suspect were the supplier for them before the transaction, all accounts have been good from the Aero barreled uppers I have heard.

-Alexander

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Schuyler arms had some 308 barrels for $144 that's where I got mine last year. Haven't shot it yet.
I got one of those, very happy with it. 18" middy, dimpled, fit nicely in a AP M5 upper, accurate, no complaints, especially at Schuyler's sale price.

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just picked up the jig and dimple them myself. It is rough on drill bits though. That melonite is pretty hard stuff.
yeah, i'm going to get the tool for doing it myself, and see if i can find a carbide bit or 3

·
Registered
352 Posts
I just picked up the jig and dimple them myself. It is rough on drill bits though. That melonite is pretty hard stuff.
Yeah, make sure you use a carbide drill bit. It will make it easier. Go really slow as well. Can never go too slow lol.
Im really liking melonite myself. I was iffy on it when everybody was running around throwing hype up. But a lot of good manufacturers are using it now. Daniel defense is using it on a few of their barrels. LWRC is using a custom blend of it on their barrels and other parts. AR15performance, Ballistic advantage, DDI AK's, PSA, etc... I'm really liking it over the old Mang Phos and chrome lining. It gives a nicer look as well.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
The BA came "undimpled", my mistake sorry, the X-Caliber came with one dimple. I dimpled the BA using the jig from Rainier, works good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, make sure you use a carbide drill bit. It will make it easier. Go really slow as well. Can never go too slow lol.
Im really liking melonite myself. I was iffy on it when everybody was running around throwing hype up. But a lot of good manufacturers are using it now. Daniel defense is using it on a few of their barrels. LWRC is using a custom blend of it on their barrels and other parts. AR15performance, Ballistic advantage, DDI AK's, PSA, etc... I'm really liking it over the old Mang Phos and chrome lining. It gives a nicer look as well.
the melonite stuff is much easier to clean too, i'll check out the ranier tool

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
any place else sell the tool? ranier is out

·
Registered
155 Posts
Granite Ridge Outfitters has a sale on the BA 6.5 creedmoor barrels and other calibers as well. So tempted to pick up the 22" creedmoor barrel for a future build

1 - 20 of 25 Posts