6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
I like the way they think and with this new intel cast my vote for any food related aid sent to the middle east be in the form of bacon samiches.
Just bacon bits, no bread......

·
Administrator
22,085 Posts
I've suspected the very thing for quite some time now. I use butter. I drink whole milk. I use 1/2 n 1/2 in my coffee. I cook with bacon grease/butter/olive oil. I rarely use veg oil. I refuse to buy margarine. My approach has been: "How did my grand parents cook/eat?"

·
Registered
238 Posts
My great grand dad considered vegetable oil a fuel and not food! He said they used it for their oil lanterns since he was a boy and he wasn't going to start eating it, he said you might as well drink gasoline as well!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I've suspected the very thing for quite some time now. I use butter. I drink whole milk. I use 1/2 n 1/2 in my coffee. I cook with bacon grease/butter/olive oil. I rarely use veg oil. I refuse to buy margarine. My approach has been: "How did my grand parents cook/eat?"
I totally agree with you. When I make cream gravy there's nothing better than bacon grease or cast iron cooked pan cakes.
Olive oil is a staple in our house and I really like but peanut oil but I'm the only one so lost that battle.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
agree 100%

i just had a physical last monday and when asked about my diet the doc said i can see you eat a well balanced diet when in fact i eat like crap compared to most people. i enjoy my pizza, chicken wings, burgers loaded with cheese and bacon, beer and everything else they say is bad for you. all my blood work was dead on perfect and no issues at all. evidently my body has adjusted well to my diet so i am going to continue until told otherwise. lol

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
agree 100%

i just had a physical last monday and when asked about my diet the doc said i can see you eat a well balanced diet when in fact i eat like crap compared to most people. i enjoy my pizza, chicken wings, burgers loaded with cheese and bacon, beer and everything else they say is bad for you. all my blood work was dead on perfect and no issues at all. evidently my body has adjusted well to my diet so i am going to continue until told otherwise. lol
No wonder you butt is so big!!!:a39:

·
Super Moderator
12,229 Posts
surely you aren't calling me fat are you?
Just wondering why he is checking out your butt. Too many years in the SF area I guess.:a24:

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
for the record the fat comment is an inside joke. i got a threatening PM from a "past" member which won't be hard to figure out and out of all the threats he made, he made it a point to call me fat which goes to show he knows nothing about me. i'm 6'1" at weigh 180 pounds.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
for the record the fat comment is an inside joke. i got a threatening PM from a "past" member which won't be hard to figure out and out of all the threats he made, he made it a point to call me fat which goes to show he knows nothing about me. i'm 6'1" at weigh 180 pounds.
He called you fat, what is he like 9 years old or something? :D

·
Super Moderator
12,229 Posts
6'1" and 180lbs? SMH. That's what I weighed when I was 19 and still in the Army. I would be happy to be at 210 now.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
How did your parents cook? If you are anything like me, the damage is already done. Around 2003 I switched to butter, whole milk, etc etc. But I had 31 years (relatively) of hydrogenated oils and the damage they cause cells. The good part is the human body is quite resilient when chemistry gets corrected. Dr Atkins is not the only one who rang the alarm bells over "low fat" bull****ery that was pushed on the American public for political gain.

·
Administrator
22,085 Posts
How did your parents cook? If you are anything like me, the damage is already done. Around 2003 I switched to butter, whole milk, etc etc. But I had 31 years (relatively) of hydrogenated oils and the damage they cause cells. The good part is the human body is quite resilient when chemistry gets corrected. Dr Atkins is not the only one who rang the alarm bells over "low fat" bull****ery that was pushed on the American public for political gain.
LOL... mom opened cans and boiled the snot of it, and roasted meat until it was dry and dead. Not too many years' worth of ugly ingredients though. :a04:

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
yup, real sugar and real animal fat for me, at least our bodies know what to do with it, unlike the hydrogenated oils (only advantage is longer shelf-life) and artificial sugars which have also been scientifically proven to make ya fatter and cancerous.

at least their not canning with lead anymore. go back further and lead was used in face paint
Humans always find a way to poison themselves

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Just my opinion...we've been lied to (or mislead, a kinder, gentler word) for a long, long time now. Our own fault for trusting too many "experts" that had their own agendas to push. It continues to this day...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.