6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
i reckon they still have stock, they just do the "out of stock" thing from time to time. our sales rep told us so, the federal gold dot shows out of stock, i bought some recently. the sales rep said they get pallet loads of ammo when they order. i'm hoping for a father's day sale on the green box s&b

·
Registered
8,933 Posts
What about its power in comparison to federal ae?

Is it known to cycle reliably?
I have shot 300 rds or so between a 20 inch rifle gas and a 16 inch mid gas and not had any malfunctions at all.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
What about its power in comparison to federal ae?

Is it known to cycle reliably?
The batch that I've shot is stout, nothing lacking in power, almost hot with very slightly cratered primers. Cycled perfectly from a 16" ARP barrel with a non-adjustable gas block.

·
Registered
8,933 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
The batch that I've shot is stout, nothing lacking in power, almost hot with very slightly cratered primers. Cycled perfectly from a 16" ARP barrel with a non-adjustable gas block.
That's good news for me add I have a 6.8 ARP barrel, bUT don't the ARP barrels have the latest chambers, which allow the hottest handloads to be used? Given that, should you have seen catering primers from factory ammo in your barrel?

Not arguing, just not understanding.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
That's good news for me add I have a 6.8 ARP barrel, bUT don't the ARP barrels have the latest chambers, which allow the hottest handloads to be used? Given that, should you have seen catering primers from factory ammo in your barrel?

Not arguing, just not understanding.
almost all ARP barrels have the ARP chamber--- he has just recently started selling standard specII chambers barrels--- he has never sold spec I chambers

the reason you see swipes and cratered primers often times is due to the "false headspacing" created by the factory minimum sized brass--- you'll not see any over pressure issues from factory ammo in ARP barrels

·
Registered
130 Posts
the reason you see swipes and cratered primers often times is due to the "false headspacing" created by the factory minimum sized brass--- you'll not see any over pressure issues from factory ammo in ARP barrels
OK but didn't the S&B look "almost hot" in your ARP barrel?

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
OK but didn't the S&B look "almost hot" in your ARP barrel?
Actually all 200 s&b 110pts that I had went back to s&b on their dime....not only was the brass quite a bit undersized from my chamber(.011"), but I had a couple pierced primers and my muzzle velocity was higher than anyone else here.

S&b was worried their might be a problem so they requested I send them all back--- my replacements should be here early next week

I'm wondering if some bad primers got loaded ? Not sure I'll ever know what the problem was but once I get the new ammo I'm going to see what happens

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Stuff was sub MOA for me and cycled my 24" barreled AR just fine. Good stuff and good brass.

-Alexander

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.