6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a few people here have the X Sight II and I'm looking to see if you think its worth getting? I like the idea behind it and they seem to get good reviews hoping someone on here can give me some real world opinions. Looking at the 3-14 mostly for target and plinking the day/night would be nice to have maybe doing some yote hunting in the future. I don't have the need or funds to justify a dedicated N/V or thermal. Anything you can offer up on these would be appreciated. Thanks Moe

·
Registered
238 Posts
I got the 5-20 Gen 2 about 6 weeks ago. I've taken it to the 100 yard indoor range 3 times. Out of the box, I immediately updated it to the latest published firmware. I still had multiple issues with it. I've had it lock up, unable to power down, zoom not work, and one time, the reticle disappeared until I rebooted it. I've had problems making recordings and viewing live on my iPhone (resulted in it locking up).
So far, I'm pretty frustrated with mine, thought about sending it back, but I didn't. Another newer firmware just came out a week or two ago, I've updated to it but haven't been motivated to take it to the range.
Perhaps the newer firmware is better. I haven't picked out a new IR illuminate yet, figured I'd wait until it was more usable before spending more cash.
I mounted mine on a 20" HBar 5.56 rifle. Figured I'd use it more with 5.56 ammo being cheap. I was able to shoot 1" or so groups and the rifle holds zero.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I got the 5-20 Gen 2 about 6 weeks ago. I've taken it to the 100 yard indoor range 3 times. Out of the box, I immediately updated it to the latest published firmware. I still had multiple issues with it. I've had it lock up, unable to power down, zoom not work, and one time, the reticle disappeared until I rebooted it. I've had problems making recordings and viewing live on my iPhone (resulted in it locking up).
So far, I'm pretty frustrated with mine, thought about sending it back, but I didn't. Another newer firmware just came out a week or two ago, I've updated to it but haven't been motivated to take it to the range.
Perhaps the newer firmware is better. I haven't picked out a new IR illuminate yet, figured I'd wait until it was more usable before spending more cash.
I mounted mine on a 20" HBar 5.56 rifle. Figured I'd use it more with 5.56 ammo being cheap. I was able to shoot 1" or so groups and the rifle holds zero.
Next time out try ONE light tap on the function buttons and wait about a second. Holding the buttons down sends the request over and over to the processor over loading it and causing freeze ups.

·
Registered
92 Posts
So far I haven't had any problems with mine. I updated the firmware when I got it about two months ago. I like how you can have multiple profiles on there for different rifles and ammo. It seems to hold zero when swapping between the rifles and ammo combos.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I like how you can have multiple profiles on there for different rifles and ammo. It seems to hold zero when swapping between the rifles and ammo combos.
That was another selling point I liked about these scopes.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Still interested in one myself, I like the concept. A little leery about reliability.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Still interested in one myself, I like the concept. A little leery about reliability.
The reviews are good on them, there's only been a few people have problems and that could be user error, not saying it was just saying it could've been.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thinking Ill pull the trigger on a 3-14 in the very near future. Just got to rearrange the slush fund slightly to make it happen.

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
I sent 2 of the first Gen1's back as junk, they took another year to get it right. For a cheap digital from China it is an alternative for the poor guys.

Recently picked up a Gen1 3-12 used and with the newest firmware for $375, about as much as I would invest in one AND I am pleasantly surprised at the last production run for the Gen 1's it works perfect. Everything extra function eats batteries so mine is a scope, not a wifi device or a GPS either all is OFF,running the Kentil rechargeable batteries

I would not buy the genII for another 6 mos and really anything over the 3x is making close shots impossible. Night Hog hunting you need the 3x FOV as the 5x is way to small for running shots.

Now after my first experience with ATN I do not like them and if I could not get in cheap would not ever support them...but that is just me a burned customer. Tons of used ones out there. This is my personal opinion and not that of anyone else...lol no offense intended....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.