6.8 SPC Forums banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
It’s not even 3 deaths. IIRC the new definition is 3 or more shot, not necessarily dead. They report certain shootings in the MSM to tug at people’s heartstrings/advance their agenda. Either school shootings, or when it’s a white guy with a scary rifle, things like that. It’s why there are news reports of a mass shooting maybe once every few months but they still say that we’ve had like 200 mass shootings this year and it’s only March. I remember seeing stat a couple years back, tracking the number of people killed in masse shootings ever since mass shootings were tracked in the mid 60’s. Something like 1200 people dead over the course of ~50 years or so. 1200, over 50 years, in a country of 330m. And useful idiots are convinced that That somehow warrants a full on ban/confiscation of guns, the source of all rights. Muh gubmint will protect you bro! Just call the cops! The irony of that is lost on them. The cops will protect your rights (if they do) using guns.
LIBERAL MEDIA and groups like Everytown have attempted to change the definition to 3 or more shot. The FBI still uses 3 or more KILLED not including the "suspect" even if it is "unofficial".

·
Registered
79 Posts
We need to be very skeptical/rejective of this "three deaths equals a mass shooting"- it is a clear tactic by the Left to inflate the "mass shooting" stats, because many gang/drug shootings will count - thus, mass shootings, which we know are more a function of serious mental health issues, will now be inflated/distorted with all the Chicago numbers, and use gang/drug street crime incidents to wildly inflate the numbers and justify new confiscation/control laws. This will wonderfully advance the Left's agenda while continuing to distract us from real solutions for two very different and distinct social policy crises and their true solutions.
Actually, the 3 or more deaths not including the Suspect has been the definition used for 30+ years by the FBI, even if unofficially. The LEFT are the ones saying 3 or more SHOT = Mass Shooting. That's how they are inflating the numbers to 200+.

·
Registered
810 Posts
In Heller, it clearly states "such as within the home". Meaning that it's just one example.
Granted. I agree you should be able to concel or open carry. My state is a no license state, even though we fall under the 9th circuit. There are alot of gun cases the Supreme court actually needs to rule on and stop passing the buck or dodging. Its still a crap shoot on which way they will rule though.

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
Move to the ozarks . Ozark county is rural enough we don't have a walmart or fast food burger joint . Life is pretty laid back and rumor has it we may soon have a tourist season , not sure what the license will cost or what the daily limit will be .
I might be your neighbor, buddy!!! I'm gonna tel my wife to search down there.

·
Registered
79 Posts
All this “interpretation” the constitution and bill of rights were written simply enough to not need this “interpration”- The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Pretty simple, the key word being bear, that tells me I can carry in public.
The only problem with this is that by the "interpretation" you just gave, that means people in jail/prison can still keep their firearms WITH THEM.

Even in Colonial times, when they arrested someone, they took away that person's weapons.

And, unfortunately, SCOTUS has upheld that the 2nd Amendment is not unlimited.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The only problem with this is that by the "interpretation" you just gave, that means people in jail/prison can still keep their firearms WITH THEM.

Even in Colonial times, when they arrested someone, they took away that person's weapons.

And, unfortunately, SCOTUS has upheld that the 2nd Amendment is not unlimited.
Ok-
Let me correct then. The intent was for it to not need interpretation AND obviously a bit of sense too. I would call it common sense but it’s obviously not common anymore looking at the vast majority.

·
Registered
110 Posts
All this “interpretation” the constitution and bill of rights were written simply enough to not need this “interpration”- The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Pretty simple, the key word being bear, that tells me I can carry in public.
Webster's definitions haven't changed.. 'Shall not be infringed' is pretty clear too.

This issue might be the one that finally gets the peoples goat as they intend. The result might not be what they have planned.

As of Nov. 13, 2020 Thirty-two percent of U.S. adults say they personally own a gun, while a larger percentage, 44%, report living in a gun household.

That number has gone up by another couple percentage points since the election. The actual numbers aren't what you are being told by the MSM. Would you tell a person you don't know that you have firearms? In our house we won't even talk to a person we don't know!

Why did Obummer purge the Colonels and Generals? Why is Biden purging the enlisted?
Why 20-30k Nntl Guard to protect the Capital?

They expect we will actually initiate a second civil war. They are wrong.

“Law-abiding gun owners have over 600 million guns… and 25 trillion rounds of ammo. If we were a problem, you’d know it!”

I believe we will react from strength and the knowledge that this country's economy comes to a halt if we do. If the mule doesn't plow, the farmer is done... United we win. Without us allowing these travestys they are done.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
From what I have watched and witnessed over time is the the dems are very good at circling the wagons for themselves no matter if they know something is wrong by the people they all stick together for what ever agenda they are pushing. They have no concern for the people only themselves. The Republicans on the other hand still have some degree of care for the people and vote accordingly but they are not all on the same sheet of music and therefore they have more trouble getting things done. Until we as the people stand up against the political machine and say that is enough,not much will change I am afraid,And that is a very sad thing.I love this country and have fought for this country but it is in a dark place right now.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Nothing would surprise me. I was pretty sure Biden didn’t have a chance either.
All they have to do is label us all as Nazi’s and racists. Done and done. I had hope there for awhile that that commie bullshit labeling and identity politics would fail. I mean... it’s so transparent, how do people buy into that? We can see right through the lies and propaganda, I just can’t believe it’s worked in this day and age. I guess most people really do have their head all the way up their ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
22,208 Posts
All they have to do is label us all as Nazi’s and racists. Done and done. I had hope there for awhile that that commie bullshit labeling and identity politics would fail. I mean... it’s so transparent, how do people buy into that? We can see right through the lies and propaganda, I just can’t believe it’s worked in this day and age. I guess most people really do have their head all the way up their ass.

The Libtard brain diagnosed: On the left side, nothing is right... on the right side, nothing is left.

·
Registered
384 Posts

It helps when the kids have been brainwashed the last 15 + years by the communist professors and teachers unions.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts

Ya know, if they want to call us Nazis and racists maybe, instead of just skulking away, we ought to show them what it would be like if we really were. Just a thought.

I, for one, am fed up with this Bullsh1t.

·
Registered
419 Posts
JW82 said:
"... All this “interpretation” the constitution and bill of rights were written simply enough to not need this “interpration” ..."

Jefferson said not to try and "interpret" the context of the Constition but accept it as it was actually written at that time. (1790's)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Ya know, if they want to call us Nazis and racists maybe, instead of just skulking away, we ought to show them what it would be like if we really were. Just a thought.

I, for one, am fed up with this Bullsh1t.
I am fed up with the BS also, but acting like a Nazi is not the answer ( I had two great Uncles who served in WWII, they drank themselves to death). You are correct in saying we should not just sulk away. We need to get more involved, call your congressman, your senator, governor and others. If enough of us flood the politicians lines with calls and demands, they will respond. I will leave you with a quote from someone I despise, "it takes a village", except in this case we're not talking about raising children.

Reactions: earlytom
61 - 80 of 84 Posts