6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those members with Armalite or Noveske or Eagle lowers....

Armalite is running a special on closeout complete Eagle Match AR10T uppers that are a bargain.

For $659 you get:

20" Chrome Moly Match .308 barrel with multi slot gas block
A4 Flat top upper
Complete bolt carrier assembly
Charging handle
Carbon fiber full float hand guard and barrel nut

Uppers are assembled and test fired

Most importantly they are in STOCK

If individual parts were purchased they would cost over $1200

At the $659 price you could re-barrel to 7mm-08 , 243, or .260...et al and still be cheaper than a complete Armalite upper assembly.

I have one that was just delivered and another on the way.

Quantity is limited and when sold out....they are history.

Part # UE10TBM

Kerry

·
Registered
781 Posts
I saw that and thought what a deal! Is it 20" or 24", web site shows 24". If it is 24" how easy is it find somebody to cut it down to say 20" and thread it for muzzle flash supressor?

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are 24" and have a target crown.

Because they are Parkerized chrome moly without a chrome lining...they would be very easy to shorten to 20" and recrown.

Harrison (Constructor) could do the work if he is taking on such machine work, while also building Extreme uppers.

If not, there are other competent gunsmiths that can do the work.

My only concern is not shortening the barrel excessively as the gas port may be incorrectly sized for a substantially shorter barrel. I suspect you could shorten to 20" without a problem, but I have not measured or compared gas port diameters for 16, 20 and 24" .308 barrels.

I would call and discuss with Harrison.

Kerry

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought one about 6 months ago when they were on sale for $600.00. I picked up an Armalite AR-10 Complete lower with a match trigger for $450.00 and just shot the complete rifle last week. The first load I tried went .75 at 100yds so I'm very pleased for what I have in it. Even at the current special price its still a smoking deal if your looking for a long range shooter.

·
Registered
781 Posts
owenslee said:
They are 24" and have a target crown.

Because they are Parkerized chrome moly without a chrome lining...they would be very easy to shorten to 20" and recrown.

Harrison (Constructor) could do the work if he is taking on such machine work, while also building Extreme uppers.

If not, there are other competent gunsmiths that can do the work.

My only concern is not shortening the barrel excessively as the gas port may be incorrectly sized for a substantially shorter barrel. I suspect you could shorten to 20" without a problem, but I have not measured or compared gas port diameters for 16, 20 and 24" .308 barrels.

I would call and discuss with Harrison.

Kerry
Very good point on the gas port, I didn't think about that. I talked (PM'd) Harrison yesterday about a 6.8 build in 18" and he said to check back in Jan as he is been extremly busy with his xtreme build which should be amazing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts