6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally had time this weekend to get my AR9 build finished up.

Spartan Side Charge upper
Runnerrunnerguns glock lower
KAW 7.5" barrel
Seekins handguard
NFA bolt
Trijicon MRO.

Will be running my Osprey on it. I'm hoping to get to the range this week for a function test.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
God I need to get to building my AR-9. Too much stuff interfering right now.

So Foco what is the verdict on the Thor lower? Did all the parts go in easily? How was the trigger group? That had me nervous as a PSA lower I had would not take a trigger group easy when I switched to a KIES one. Worried as I am SBRing it and don't get a do over.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts

So Foco what is the verdict on the Thor lower? Did all the parts go in easily? How was the trigger group? That had me nervous as a PSA lower I had would not take a trigger group easy when I switched to a KIES one. Worried as I am SBRing it and don't get a do over.
I have the same lower. All the parts went in fine but the metal piece that stops the Glock mags when inserted needed shimmed. Without shimming it, the BCG would hit it and not move.

ETA: I will post a picture of what I am talking about tonight.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Everything went in just fine. It's a nice tight fit between the upper and lower. I'm pleased with the way it turned out. It's been raining here all weekend so I haven't gotten to go function test it. I'm hoping later this week I'll get time.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I actually put mine together last night. Didn't do the front pivot pin waiting on the tool. But I put the pin in place and function tested it with no issues. After I got it together last night I cycled a few rounds through with the charging handle and it was slick as snot. Shot about 7 rounds this morning with no issues at all. Going to love shooting the with the stock when I get my stamp. Also have to get the spacer for the Octane which I was unaware that it did not come with it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually put mine together last night. Didn't do the front pivot pin waiting on the tool. But I put the pin in place and function tested it with no issues. After I got it together last night I cycled a few rounds through with the charging handle and it was slick as snot. Shot about 7 rounds this morning with no issues at all. Going to love shooting the with the stock when I get my stamp. Also have to get the spacer for the Octane which I was unaware that it did not come with it.
Thats good news. What spacer for the octane?

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
For pistol supressor they have a spring around the cylinder in the supressor it boosts the recoil allowing the semi auto pistol to cycle. Think it is called a Nielsen booster. When you shoot it on a carbine you don't need a booster so you take out the spring and put a spacer so it does go back and forth. Hard to type a good response on my phone.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For pistol supressor they have a spring around the cylinder in the supressor it boosts the recoil allowing the semi auto pistol to cycle. Think it is called a Nielsen booster. When you shoot it on a carbine you don't need a booster so you take out the spring and put a spacer so it does go back and forth. Hard to type a good response on my phone.
Oooo yes, I know what you are talking about.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I was going to get the spacer for my Octane, but ended up getting the fixed mount instead. No need for the spring and cuts down on o-ring wear on the original mount/piston assembly. They're a little more expensive than the spacer. Cheapest place I've found....Lanbo's Armory. Just need to pick the correct thread pitch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.