6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a ArR Stoner17 rnd mag and loaded some 6.8 sierra pro hunter ammo. But i could barely get 15 Rnds loaded. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes its common.... if i remember right i thinks someone said it was due to theredesigned follower they are using now

·
Registered
611 Posts
Yep they're 15 rounders now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Same.I ordered 2 from midway last month.Both only hold 15rds.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Same here. I also ordered two mags from Midway and could only manage to get 15 rounds in mine. Now i just need a good weekend to try them out to see how well they work. The rounds would nose dive when taking them out of the mag. Any one use their's yet, and how did the work for you?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Yes its common.... if i remember right i thinks someone said it was due to theredesigned follower they are using now
It wasn't a redesign of the follower, they just stopped hacking the legs short. They are 15 round magazines, and someone decided during production they could just shorten the legs of the followers to cram 2 more rounds in. Well in doing so, they made it so the followers would bind because they weren't long enough to effectively ride the mag walls under spring tension.

Let me see if I can multi-quote the original post from 2011... Yup that should show it. Same followers, just hacked short. Stoner has since stopped that practice, but some vendors must not have gotten the memo.

Ok, so a few weeks ago I picked up 4 17rd AR-Stoner mags from MidwayUSA.

Over the weekend I go to test these out. I loaded each one up with 10 rounds each. Everyone of them failed to correctly feed the last three rounds (jammed).
Then I loaded up a couple 10rd C-Products mags I got before they went away. Shot everyone no failures. So, I was curious, I took them all inside and compared every aspect of them. And when I about gave up, I guess I was over looking this all this time, the legs on the followers of the AR-Stoner mags are cut shorter than the C-Products mags. Like someone putting them together took a hand saw to them. So, I put the CP followers in my Stoner bodies. No Failures.

So, in this short review there is a question too? Why the hell would they cut off the factory follower length and put them in a mag?
The original thread is here... http://68forums.com/forums/showthread.php?23113-AR-Stoner-17rd-Mags-Review

1 - 8 of 8 Posts