Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Yup, what you want to know?

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Wow, I was interested until I found the price of $270 at Brownell's ! What?
They have gone up in price then....I bought mine directly from law tactical for $200 for a brand new gen3

If you Google them you can find them as low as $219 fairly easily.

I have the gen3....they now have the gen -3m: it appears that they modified it to use a milspec buffer retainer and put a small shroud near the release/open button to decrease accidental folding of the adapter.

They are well made (solid steel) but add some weight (11 ounces or so, so they are not for breastsroker's lightweight builds)

Easy to install, quick to fold/unfold.

Mine is on my 7.2" pistol build making the overall length (folded) under 18"....I can fit it in any backpack, I can put it my motorcycle saddlebag.

Since its a pistol I can legally carry it using my ccw permit, I don't need to "register" or pay for the SBR tax stamp. Some states you can hunt with the pistol too.

If you ate looking for a way to make your firearm smaller for transportation, storrage or concealment then its the only way to go....other than that I don't see a reason for it.

I'll post some pics later

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the review/information. I am considering it for my AR10 which is already heavy, so whats another 11 oz. and already long for transporting, with a 20" barrel.

If you ate looking for a way to make your firearm smaller for transportation, storrage or concealment then its the only way to go....other than that I don't see a reason for it.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
here is my 7.2" mdws with the gen 3 law adapter
and here it is folded and stashed in my saddlebag of my motorcycle

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Thanks for the review/information. I am considering it for my AR10 which is already heavy, so whats another 11 oz. and already long for transporting, with a 20" barrel.
I guess, depending upon your mode of transportation, it can help with a longer rifle, your build would be somewhere around 38" long I'm guessing, you could knock off 8-10 inches for transporting it with the folding adapter but it would increase the "thickness"(what ever length your buffer tube/stock are)...but it also adds about 1.5" to your total length (and about 1/2 of that is on each side of the folding hinge). ....................some people are worried about firing a round while it is folded...1st off if you do this you just are not thinking clearly and shouldn't own a firearm, 2nd you can't pull the charge handle back when its folded, 3rd....if I have a round in the chamber, then it is on safe....when its folded the buffer tube/stock covers the safety selector so you must unfold it to put it in the fire position anyway. They claim that if you fire it, it will fire 1 round but may damage the "safety finger" on the folding adapter and therefore must be repaired...pretty simple on that part....just don't fire it when folded.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Chinese warning!!!!

one last thing..... DO NOT buy a cheep Chinese knock off if you find one ...the reason the law tactical adapter cost is high is that it is made from properly heat treated quality steel to withstand the forces of actually firing it when folded with out risk of damage to your face!!!.....If you find a cheep Chinese knockoff they are often made from cast aluminum or improperly heat treated steel (also marketed as "airsoft folding adapters" on places like e-bay) .....if you were to fire a round while folded in one of these cheep knock offs, it could potentially fracture or shatter the adapter and send the bolt carrier assembly flying back at your "beautiful" mug....you get the picture....here is one of those cheepos : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tactical-Folding-Stock-Adapter-Aluminum-alloy-Material-NEW-/201397298449?hash=item2ee436e511

1 - 8 of 8 Posts