6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a dumb question, but I just want to be sure. Can I purchase a 5.56 AR 15 lower and still use it for a future 6.8 build? Thank you all for the information.

Bergie

·
Super Moderator
5,753 Posts
This is probably a dumb question, but I just want to be sure. Can I purchase a 5.56 AR 15 lower and still use it for a future 6.8 build? Thank you all for the information.

Bergie
Yes,

The marking on the receiver doesn't matter.

So many companies now mark them as multi cal. but it doesn't matter if it's marked 5.56 you can build whatever caliber you want.

Sent from a final firing position, the crosshairs are on you!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just want to be sure as I currently live in California and come Jan 1, 2017, we will no longer be able to purchase the AR rifle based on new laws. So I'm scrambling to buy a couple of both AR 15 & AR 10 lowers to have for future builds...

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I just want to be sure as I currently live in California and come Jan 1, 2017, we will no longer be able to purchase the AR rifle based on new laws. So I'm scrambling to buy a couple of both AR 15 & AR 10 lowers to have for future builds...
Smart Man.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Might be worth your time to checkout the Daily Deal section at PSA.

Complete AR 15 lower with MaGPUL stock for $169 shipped. Says blemished, but is first quality.

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
Might be worth your time to checkout the Daily Deal section at PSA.

Complete AR 15 lower with MaGPUL stock for $169 shipped. Says blemished, but is first quality.
Yep, and you can't buy the stripped lower and all the parts to build it that cheap either.

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
I'd like to hear more about these new laws. Anything like Massachusetts?

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
I'd like to hear more about these new laws. Anything like Massachusetts?
I know that one change makes it so the "bullet button" is not longer legal. It has to be where the firearm has to be disassembled to remove the magazine but they have already come up with a work around for that. A mag release that requires unlatching the takedown pin and "shotgunning the weapon to remove the mag. Of course I have several of the old Bullet buttons that are now going to be useless.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I know that one change makes it so the "bullet button" is not longer legal. It has to be where the firearm has to be disassembled to remove the magazine but they have already come up with a work around for that. A mag release that requires unlatching the takedown pin and "shotgunning the weapon to remove the mag. Of course I have several of the old Bullet buttons that are now going to be useless.
You should sell them so that everyone can have a full auto rifle as the libtards told everyone! :a21::a21::a21:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Wait, wait, wait you forgot the background checks for buying ammo and now you have to get a serial number from the CDOJ when you make a 80% of any kind. Gotta love the hippy ass tree huggers in Cali. Their world is all sunshine and roses and all they have to worry about is gun issues. Nevermind the rampant gangs, drugs, horribly in debt government and bloated bureaucracy nothing to see there only guns are evil.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
and the boys in blue there are ratting each other out

·
Registered
705 Posts
It's hard to respond to such stupid laws. Do you think they are that stupid
to think these laws will change anything. It's really sad to see what this
country is turning into. But then look at all the morons supporting
Hillary.

·
Registered
8,932 Posts
Wait, wait, wait you forgot the background checks for buying ammo and now you have to get a serial number from the CDOJ when you make a 80% of any kind. Gotta love the hippy ass tree huggers in Cali. Their world is all sunshine and roses and all they have to worry about is gun issues. Nevermind the rampant gangs, drugs, horribly in debt government and bloated bureaucracy nothing to see there only guns are evil.
It has NEVER been about crime, it is all about CONTROL and SUBJUGATION.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts