6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
I like this! How bad do you think it would gunk/gum up the lower, cause I've heard the .22 LR are dirty little buggers in AR's. That is just what I've heard. Would it be anymore so than .223 or 6.8? Like I said, I like it and I'm interested in it can someone enlighten us on these uppers...reliability, durability, maintance, ect.?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wouldn't think it would impact the lower too much. If you use a standard upper with a Ciener kit I hear it can cause issues with gunking up your gas tube.

On the self-contained units it looks like most of the gunking would be around the bolt face, extractor, and throat areas. Still, easier to strip for cleaning than a standard 10/22. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Took a couple pictures last night.

What do you guys think....Eotech or Aimpoint (clone)? It's just a .22lr, so killing paper, cans, and small metal shapes will be the primary purpose.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Teleportgrend, I have a few questions but first I like to say you have a very nice set up there dude! I'm very interested in the AR-15 .22LR's and will be a proud owner very soon! I'm just trying to do a little research first.

Anyways, Is that a break or suppressor and if it's a break did it come with it? One of the local gun shops I was in several months ago had a CZ V-22 but it sold fairly quickly and I didn't get a second look. Which was probably a good think at the time! A few days later I just happened to remember the company name and looked it up. I didn't get very far other than it's made in the Cech Republic, I beleive, and I stumbled over onto a few forum threads on the CZ V-22. I looked but could not find anyone who had any problems, complained or had any bad reviews of this upper other than if it went down who to sent it to and how to get parts. How do you like it and have you had the chance to put any rounds down it yet? There are several I'm currently looking at made by Bushmaster, Spikes and of course CZ. I'm still looking and researching them, I'm just not sure which one I want yet.

Oh, before I forget I personally like the Aimpoint on it :mrgreen:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks!

The barrel is threaded, but that's just a Spike's fake can on there. I don't have the needed stamp & Wa. St. wouldn't let me shoot it suppressed anyway. :?

I have not shot it yet. I plan on taking it to a local shooting event this next weekend (Aug. 2nd). I'll report back. I'm curious as to how it handles different loads. I have a Kimber 1911 conversion that will only cycle hyper-velocity .22lr rounds. I am hopeful I can shoot subsonic out of the CZ. It uses it's own springs to return the bolt, and does not have to overcome a disconnecter like the Kimber, so I project a happy ending.

Honestly, it's just a toy to me at this point. I just think it would be cool to shoot an EBR w/fake can and subsonic rounds. Should get some second looks from people within ear shot. :wink:

·
Registered
212 Posts
No dout about it!

The local wally world in my area stocked in some Thunder bolt sub-sonic .22's recently. I picked up a few for later fun myself :mrgreen:

I'll be eagerly awaiting your report on your new bundle of joy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts