6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was eading about a new rear iron sight design on another forum. It is called the DiamondHead; and as the name would imply, it has a diamond shaped aperture instead of a round one. The theory is that it allows for more natural/faster alignment of the front post.

I understand the sights are fairly new to market, and being produced for the designer by Troy Industries. I've seen a couple for sale, but was wondering if anyone on this forum has ever tried using one? How is it for precision shooting at distance? Can you hold as tight a group with the small aperture as a traditional sight?

Here is a link to the designer's website, where they have a couple pictures:
http://www.mirrorsight.com/diamondhead.html

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
I have never used it but it looks good, if you buy it let us know how she works.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I can see how it is easier to pick up the front sight post, but I never had a problem with the regular Troy or any other sight with the round aperature. You are supposed to focus on the front sight post anyway, and your brain naturally centers everything. For me, I just don't feel like re-training my little brain with a whole new style of aperature.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts