6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BUSHNELL 260140MT EQUINOX Z NIGHT VISION SIGHT WITH AR MOUNT
Optic Planet says this is good stuff. For $245 I am curious enough to ask my fellow members for their personal knowledge regarding this Night vision sight.

Btw,....the specs read as a thermal

·
Registered
863 Posts
I have one without the mount that I use to scan with. Good for the price. Useful out to around 175-200 yards for hog and deer sized game. 100yrds max for smaller critters. I don't believe it has a reticle. The one I have is the same model without the mount and there is NO reticle. NOT thermal.

·
Banned
61 Posts
I have one without the mount that I use to scan with. Good for the price. Useful out to around 175-200 yards for hog and deer sized game. 100yrds max for smaller critters. I don't believe it has a reticle. The one I have is the same model without the mount and there is NO reticle. NOT thermal.
that explains the price.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not much of a night sight if no reticle....dang

·
Registered
117 Posts
It looks like it might mount low enough on a Picatinny rail that one could use flip up iron sights. Mount it in front of the rear sight and see the front sight through it, but with the benefit of "night vision".

Maybe I'm crazy, it's been said before, but it looks as if that might just work. Might want a luminous front sight post though.

What does anyone else think about that possibility?

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
It looks like it might mount low enough on a Picatinny rail that one could use flip up iron sights. Mount it in front of the rear sight and see the front sight through it, but with the benefit of "night vision".

Maybe I'm crazy, it's been said before, but it looks as if that might just work. Might want a luminous front sight post though.

What does anyone else think about that possibility?
that does sound possible, don't know about feasible tho. how do you envision a sight picture with a setup like that?

·
Registered
117 Posts
that does sound possible, don't know about feasible tho. how do you envision a sight picture with a setup like that?
I think it might work like a co-witnessing red-dot sight. I have a couple of red-dot sights that co-witness the sight on the rifle and the dot super-imposes on the front sight post.

So...I would expect to see; a fuzzy rear sight picture; then a brighter field of view in the scope with a "nice" picture (especially at 3x power), of the front post. Seems as if it might work pretty well.

On the other hand, maybe I'm way too optimistic about how feasible and functional it would be.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
i haven't had all the red dots out there, i did have a couple of aimpoint pro scouts, both of those had the front sight way too low to use as a reference for the dot

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I never used one or seen one but reading the specs it looks like a less fancy version of the X sight. I run a Aimpoint pro in front of my PVS14 for a sight. It may work the same with this unit. I'll also bet a better IR light will get you more viewing distance. You may not need a Aimpoint pro for a red dot but I do need the lowest setting because how sensitive to light the PVS is. Heck for the price it might be worth a try.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I think it might work like a co-witnessing red-dot sight. I have a couple of red-dot sights that co-witness the sight on the rifle and the dot super-imposes on the front sight post.

So...I would expect to see; a fuzzy rear sight picture; then a brighter field of view in the scope with a "nice" picture (especially at 3x power), of the front post. Seems as if it might work pretty well.

On the other hand, maybe I'm way too optimistic about how feasible and functional it would be.
Might could work with a red dot. I think you would have to put the red dot in front of the Bushnell, not sure on this. If nothing else you'll have something to play around with at night. I have a better IR light I mount to the rail and it REALLY helps with the clarity at distance. I like it and my grandkids LOVE it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I saw a review on Opticsplanet.com of the 4.5x40 version of this scope. The reviewer said he uses a "red-dot" sight with it, so it does seem that it does or could be useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts