6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for feedback and availability from any vendors or members here on this QD bipod setup. It is the model that goes 6"-9".

I see LaRue offers on their site for $220 but they are usually maxed at suggested retail.

Those that have them here; what do you think! Worth it?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have one and am very happy with it. I ended up buying mine from LaRue and paid the $220. The LaRue-modified version seems less bulky at the base area than the original Harris bipod and the LaRue QD mount is really nice too...making it easy to swap between a few different AR's I use with it. Overall it is a great bipod and works perfectly with the AR rails...definitely worth it IMO.

Here is the bipod mounted on Fortis rail (.308)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great looking rig Fletch! Thanks for sharing your input. Seems to be one of the best ways to quickly swap between rifles.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Great looking rig Fletch! Thanks for sharing your input. Seems to be one of the best ways to quickly swap between rifles.
You're welcome. Also, not sure what type of rails you use but most of my rails are KeyMod so I use a picatinny rail section for each rifle that I intend to put the bipod on...the 3" picatinny rail sections connect with the QD mount perfectly, not too long nor too short.

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
Looking for feedback and availability from any vendors or members here on this QD bipod setup. It is the model that goes 6"-9".

I see LaRue offers on their site for $220 but they are usually maxed at suggested retail.

Those that have them here; what do you think! Worth it?
That is a LaRue exclusive. It has some modifications done by LaRue. The Standard Harris S-BRM is about half that price. You can also use the Impact Weapons Mount-N-Slot to use the regular Harris bipod with a keymod hand guard. http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/keymod-bipod-mount-n-slot/
That is what I use, mount and bipod.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Check out American Defense. I own two of their QD adaptors that are mounted to my Harris bipods and they work great.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info gents! Will def follow up on your suggestions.

I will post an update with what I buy and find!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts