6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 115gr sierra will shoot one hole groups out of both my 6.8's i was wondering if any body had used them on animals.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Disclaimer: I can't answer your question explicitly, because I don't hunt with match bullets.

But... while I'm sure hunters have used the Matchkings, why use a bullet intended for paper punching when there are so many purpose-built good hunting bullets available? How do your rifles shoot with the 110gr PHs? There are lots and lots of success stories with those. Also, one-hole groups are nice, but certainly not required for hunting. Personally I'd trade a potentially larger group for a better bullet.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I shot a raccoon at about 210 yards this summer with 115gr SMK's. It took 3 soild hits before he stopped moving, dont know what it would do in a deer but I would want to chance it, get some Accubonds or Pro Hunters.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
While I am sure the Seirra's will kill stuff I would use hunting bullets designed to cleanly kills animals. I have found the pro hunters and the accubonds to both be very accurate in my rifles, just as accurate as the OTM loading from SSA.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
The Sierra 115 Gr. SMK bullets are not good for hunting. The SSA 115 Gr. Enhanced SMK are much better than the regular Sierra 115 Gr. SMK bullets.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Use the 110g Pro Hunters. They are a proven, effective deer killer that also happens to be a 1 MOA round out of most 6.8 SPC barrels.

For hunting...to 300 yds anything that is 2 MOA or less is plenty effective.

Kerry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts