6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 3rd CZ, a 97B. Loves it. Time to call CGW for a Pro kit and maybe a few other goodies. I'd love to have them do the E-conversion on this one. Man, looks like I'm headed towards another $1k CZ pistol.
Any other 97B owners here? How do you like them? Has anyone tried any of the Tanfoglio hi-cap mags in their 97's?

·
Registered
98 Posts
CZ 85B here. My wife's Tanfoglio Pavona's are not interchangeable with the 85. I can't say if they'll fit the 97, but I doubt they will? I really like my CZ. I originally bought it to shoot competition. It shoots near effortlessly. The Pavona "glitter guns" have slightly better triggers tho.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also have a P01 Omega and the PCR, both chock full of CGW parts and really love those two. I'm debating CGW or CZC for the 97B. I certainly have 0 complaints with CGW that's for sure but am just curious about CZC and may go that route with the 97. I'm sure I'd be just as happy.
The CZ forum has tutorials on there that will improve and CZ action so much that I've always started there and these tutorials come straight from a guy at CGW and it's the same procedures they use at their shop. I mean he even shows how to make the little tools they use and what material to use. A great resource for sure.
I know I read once, somewhere that there is a mag for an EAA or Tanfoglio pistol that will fit, and function in, the 97 that's like 13 or 14 rounds, same as a G21, anybody know which one? Or am I just imagining what I'm wishing for? There is so much room left over in that 97 mag I'll never understand why they didnt just add 3 more, or 4 more rounds. I have my theory why they didnt but I dont want to go off into the political weeds, but no direct proof.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I've been eyeballing a 97B since they first came out. The grip is large and my hands are not. I haven't tried holding it with the thin grips. Still keeping my eyes open for a good deal on one. At least they are on the pistol roster in CA.

If I were you, I'd shoot the pistol for awhile before changing things.

I've had an early model CZ75 for around 30 years. Thousands of rounds through it and it's very rare to have a malfunction. Last time it had a malfunction, it was because the Buffer Tech buffer I added had disintegrated from age. Replaced it and it was back to 100%.

I only had a trigger job done and had the back of the front sight blade cut vertical to eliminate reflected glare. Added Hogue grips with the finger grooves and it points very well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just picked up my 3rd CZ, a 97B. Loves it. Time to call CGW for a Pro kit and maybe a few other goodies. I'd love to have them do the E-conversion on this one. Man, looks like I'm headed towards another $1k CZ pistol.
Any other 97B owners here? How do you like them? Has anyone tried any of the Tanfoglio hi-cap mags in their 97's?
A 75B and a P09 here. CGW (Cajun Gun Works) parts ready to install for both when I get back to the bench. Have a Kadet(22LR) slide for the P09, want one for the 75B. Both were born 40's and destined for 9mm CZC (CZ Custom) slides too. Got adjustable Recoil Reduction Spring Rods from DPM Systems for them both, very handy.

I picked up the 75B the first time and it felt like it was made for my hand, heft and balance are nearly perfect, bought it on the spot. Got the P09 to carry. It is a superb pistol as well, it is not the 75B. Guess l can't fall in love with a poly.

Going to mod the Keltec Sub2K to take the CZ P09 extended mags. Originally was going to buy a Glock
to pair with the Sub2K but I couldn't do it. A Glock isnt even close to the CZ P09. Though the P09 is definately snappier than the 75B, for me the Glock in a 40 is a PIA to keep on point.

Got nothing but CZ love here. Accurate out of the box, ergonomic, fast to point and easily Cajunized!

I see more in the future, but only the 'Shadow' knows for sure!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a P07 Duty and a P10C. I like both, but I like the P10C more...it's the most flat-shooting centerfire pistol I've ever fired. The only problem with it is that every time I shoot it with a suppressor, it drops the magazine...need to contact them again about that issue.

I really like the 97B in theory, but I have handled both older models with the wood grips and newer models with the thin aluminum grips, and the frame is just too big for my hands.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I have never tried the 97 but I may one day. I have 4 other CZ's though, and I absolutely love them, P-01 Omega, SP01, SP01 Tactical and my first CZ, a 75B in 40S&W (9mm SP01 barrel used to convert and the blue follower mecgar mags work with both rounds).

A little polish and a $17 spring kit from CGW does wonders, of course the full on kits are pretty sweet as well. I have done both.

Quick notes
You can take an SP01 and turn it into a jam up competition gun pretty easily.
The Tactical version are a PITA if you dont use a slave pin.
The omega system is a lot easier to work on but doesn't give as good of a DA pull as the original system. Its not terrible but just like the pre B versions make better triggers the same can be said here. Their competition guns do away with the FP block on most models and run the original internals.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts