6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any suggestions for an Antelope Outfitter? I think I am leaning towards Montana or Wyoming, but really dont have much of a preference. I think I am going to forego a duck trip this fall and go shoot a speed goat instead. My walls could really use the addition. Any advice on who/where is appreciated. It looks like a Montana tag is a little cheaper than Wyoming but both seem to have fairly nice success rates. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Don't discount Nevada, prices are very reasonable for non resident hunters. Our tag was $300 and licence was only $150. We were in GMU O11 next to Sheldon Antelope Preserve.

-Alexander

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'd say eastern WY is the place to go. Most of the area is private so it's easier to get tags. Tons of outfitters and ranches to pay trespass fees if you want to DIY. Maybe not the place for a trophy but you shouldn't have a problem filling that empty spot on the wall. I'll be headed there in Oct if I draw the tag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, cool, thanks for the suggestions. Montana is only a $25 license and a $205 tag. Wherever I decide, it needs to be in the next couple weeks to get my application in before the deadline.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Antelope are most often found on private land. Access can be more than frustrating here in montana. Outdoorlife just reported that 1/3 of all private land in the state is leased to outfitters. Throw in people that don't let you hunt and land that doesn't have any game there's not much left. I'm not saying don't come to montana. I'm just saying you'll want a plan. Make sure you've arranged access before you come. The days of knocking on a door and getting permission to hunt are gone.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I know the eastern part of the state the population is not what it once was. The white sulphur springs area has some dang good goats and hasn't been hit as hard. I do think the eastern part has come back somewhat but still has a ways to go.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I know that if you can get drawn for the western region of Wyoming around Kemmerer that you can't miss and tons of open land. If you don't get one hunting , you are certain to get one with your vehicle in town! lol:a39::a05:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.