6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I’m new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I’ve been a fan of the AR since my Army days 72-75. I currently have a BM XM15 (5.56) and an AR10 (7.62). I enjoy shooting both but was looking for something in between for HD/hunting. I had a spare S&W M&P 15 complete lower sitting around looking lonely, so I thought I’d build up another AR in 6.8. I have a *** 18” barrel and bolt ordered, and UPS just dropped off an LMT upper. I haven’t decided on the FFT yet but I’m leaning towards something from YHM due to bang for the buck. Initially for optics, I’ll rob my Nightforce 2.5x10-24 off the AR10.

Glad to be a member, this looks like a great forum.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Welcome badshot. Sounds like you'll have a great 6.8 when finalized. I second Paulosantos on the new YHM Diamond Series rails. They offer a new diamond pattern between rails, and the top rail mates up with the upper rail for a continuous rail. They've been a popular request on the 6.8 Xtreme upper we're all getting into. Then again, their customizable tubes are popular also. Decisions, decisions.

What part of Texas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

I've been watching from the background for a while and have learned a lot from reading the excellent information ya'll have been sharing. I'll check out the FFT you recommended. After I get this build completed I may have to look at putting together a 68extreme late next year. One of my sons will be graduating from an LE Academy and he’ll need a patrol rifle.

Art - I'm originally from West Texas but live in the piney woods north of Beaumont now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts